*PICS* of my new 1997 GT 5spd

bigstang5.0

Reaction score
I had a 1994 5.0L GT auto purchased, tranny went out the next day so i returned the car, and the dealer gave me my money back, so i went back to looking for a mustang 94-98, i already had a 03 GT and a 06 so i wanted this body style this time, so i found this really nice 1997 Mustang GT 5spd, has 121,000miles, really clean bullet rims, new tires all the way around, 275/40/ZR17s in the rear with 245s up front, lots of billet upgrades in interior, car runs hard, just had a tune up, and has magnaflow 2 1/2" cat back system, or other wise its stock!! So gunna run it at the track this friday, to see what she runs now, then start doing upgrades! Here is some pics!

My97mustangGT001.jpg

My97mustangGT002.jpg

My97mustangGT003.jpg

My97mustangGT004.jpg

My97mustangGT005.jpg

My97mustangGT006.jpg

My97mustangGT010.jpg

My97mustangGT009.jpg

My97mustangGT007.jpg

My97mustangGT008.jpg

LXtasy

Reaction score
seems like a pretty nice and clean car and welcome to the forum :thumb:

Goldmember

Reaction score
Looks like a nice Laser Red from here! Liking that interior- you have leather; I'm jealous!

Before you take it to the track- I see you have the stock intake manifold with plastic coolant crossover- be warned that with age and some mileage they like to CRACK when subjected to a heavy load (like hard WOT acceleration). Popular fix is the PI intake swap- check this out over in the 4.6 tech forum- several stickies on top of the page. Basically you're adapting the same intake your 03 had to your 97.

destructo

Reaction score
1. Exhaust asap.

2. Score of a car. It's pretty sharp. Already has a few billet pieces and some small custom accents. Nice.

OP
OP
B

bigstang5.0

Reaction score
Thanks guys, and glad to be on the forum!! I do like the car, its not perfect and never will be but the car is over all really clean and looks sharp, and yes I need exhaust badly, it sounds good, but not my type, im going to do exhaust when I get ready to do headers, and a x pipe, then ill most likely do a SLP loud mouth cat back, i plan on putting BBK shorty headers with BBKs high flow off road x-pipe kit, get rid of the cats, get rid of the restriction, im also going to do the PI swap of the intake and heads this winter, plan on doing lots of bolt ons, and use the stock clutch for now since its still really solid, then upgrade to a Centerforce Stg 1 clutch, for a couple hundered dollars! Also i need to change the head lights out, and get a mach 1 chin spoiler, also lower the car and get wheel spacers for the rear, o and the car will be getting 3:73 gears this winter, big plans, and i have a solid car for it, so i hope the bottom head of this 4.6 will hold together for awhile...LOL Thanks again!!

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Cool man! Might I suggest a FR500 steering wheel and painted black airbag? I think that's the only part of the car that doesn't look nice and clean and it will make a world of difference. :)

moot09

Reaction score
nice new ride! time for some modding! not trying to steal the thread or anything but there are two red hoses going to the plenum right. one leads to the right and one to the left. my left hose is broken does this make any big difference?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slow_1996_2V

Members online