Port my prof products intake with unported heads?

Black 96

Reaction score
I have a 96 gt that I pi swapped last winter, I had the ford plastic pi intake but the coolant runner blew apart. So I found the profession products throttle body/ upper and lower intake. And the lower intake is a three piece that allows for porting. If I port the intake would it be helpful or harmful, because my heads are unported, stock 02 heads with a 3 point valve job.

I've heard that the air travelling from the intake to the head can cause a swirling phenomenon which actually causes drag on the air, hurting horsepower.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you have the tools and times then yes. If you don't have the tools or know how to use the tools to do this then non. I am going to do some porting on my cobra intake and I did the lower at another time a while back

OP
OP
Black 96

Black 96

Reaction score
Gasket match if that. What is your static compression?
I belive after the pi swap it should be at 10.5:1. Don't quote me because I'm not 100%. I'm ju st worried that if I don't port the heads with the intake that I can cause drag on the air coming in and lose power.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Ive whitenessed 350rwhp from unported heads,...youll be fine! Porting heads really dont mean power will improve, especially newer heads. Yes, more air in, more air out does improve power, but homogeneous mixture and in cylinder motion is compromised. Killing the ability to resist preignition and detonate with porting the head kills the ability to gain power. In other words, porting the head disrupts fords intended purpose after the incoming rush goes in and gets compressed. If I were to improve anything with the head, it would be smoothing all sharp edges in the chamber and smoothing the exhaust port.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online