Possible Part Out - List of parts - Who would be interested? Tons of 2v Parts

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Take your time Mike. You may find a buyer for the entire car if you spread the word.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I do want to see if any interest in car as a whole first, if not entire car at least the meat of the engine before I go ripping parts off. Just your guys personal opinion...new stock '15 GT or pull engine on this and do 76-80mm turbo with plate system setup? Would any of you go the '15 route with a fresh start? Just curious

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would keep it. I like the new cars and can afford one, but I don't want one. Nate and I were just talking about this. If I were going to drop 30-40k on another Mustang it would be a 94/95 S351 Saleen.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I found a way to get a new one and keep my other one. If you don't mind something slightly used that will knock a ton off the price tag. I think you might be able to finagle down to something that works for you.

If not, I would keep it. If you're itching for a new car period, get a new daily. This thing is way too awesome to just let it go. That's just my opinion though.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I found a way to get a new one and keep my other one. If you don't mind something slightly used that will knock a ton off the price tag. I think you might be able to finagle down to something that works for you.

If not, I would keep it. If you're itching for a new car period, get a new daily. This thing is way too awesome to just let it go. That's just my opinion though.

It is doable. I have seen low mile coyotes with 30k miles for under $20k.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Yeah I do want to see if any interest in car as a whole first, if not entire car at least the meat of the engine before I go ripping parts off. Just your guys personal opinion...new stock '15 GT or pull engine on this and do 76-80mm turbo with plate system setup? Would any of you go the '15 route with a fresh start? Just curious

I love the look of the S197's, but they are EVERYWHERE! If i couldnt get a Gt500, i wouldnt bother getting one period.

As someone who went from a roots S/C to a 70mm turbo setup. DO A TURBO! Even on just 14psi i hadnt had as much fun with anything else as i did that setup, it was a Blast!

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I love the look of the S197's, but they are EVERYWHERE! If i couldnt get a Gt500, i wouldnt bother getting one period.

As someone who went from a roots S/C to a 70mm turbo setup. DO A TURBO! Even on just 14psi i hadnt had as much fun with anything else as i did that setup, it was a Blast!

Thanks for the advice and input. I think if I kept my bottom end, slapped on some Trickflow heads with custom grind turbo cams, kept my intake manifold setup, and slapped on a 76mm or so this thing would be pretty wild

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Just dig back into your build. Youll find the problem. Correct it. Move forward.

So what,...its a minor set back. Keep moving forward my man!

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice and input. I think if I kept my bottom end, slapped on some Trickflow heads with custom grind turbo cams, kept my intake manifold setup, and slapped on a 76mm or so this thing would be pretty wild

I forget your CR, but youd probably be fine with your current setup and some turbo cams. The 70mm i had with a .96ar turbine was fully spooled by 3600rpm. With a 5 speed you could spin from about 25-30mph until you were ready to stop. Very fun setup. With an auto and a transbrake, it would make a fun street/strip setup. A 76/80mm would be even better.

My current car is probably going to get a pair of 55 or 60mm turbos. I just need to decide in garret GT35R's or PTE's

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I forget your CR, but youd probably be fine with your current setup and some turbo cams. The 70mm i had with a .96ar turbine was fully spooled by 3600rpm. With a 5 speed you could spin from about 25-30mph until you were ready to stop. Very fun setup. With an auto and a transbrake, it would make a fun street/strip setup. A 76/80mm would be even better.

My current car is probably going to get a pair of 55 or 60mm turbos. I just need to decide in garret GT35R's or PTE's

I should be right about 9.5:1 as it is now. Do you happen to have any pics of your setup? Who's hot/cold side did you use?

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
I would be interested in some stuff, but I don't want you to sell it so I don't want to say what lol. As far as a new '15 would go, I can't really give my input. I'm never going to get rid of my car because of the emotional attachment. You've put so much into this car, if it were me, I couldn't sell it. If I ever got a new one, I would be keeping both. 15's are nice, but theres something about a built sn95 or any older mustang for that matter that I just have so much more respect for. I would drool over this car at a show for 30 mins and walk right by a bagged '15 on $5k wheels sitting in a booth somewhere

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I would be interested in some stuff, but I don't want you to sell it so I don't want to say what lol. As far as a new '15 would go, I can't really give my input. I'm never going to get rid of my car because of the emotional attachment. You've put so much into this car, if it were me, I couldn't sell it. If I ever got a new one, I would be keeping both. 15's are nice, but theres something about a built sn95 or any older mustang for that matter that I just have so much more respect for. I would drool over this car at a show for 30 mins and walk right by a bagged '15 on $5k wheels sitting in a booth somewhere

Thanks a lot for the nice words, I appreciate it. I know I'm going to sound like a flake, but I think I've decided to keep it and do a turbo build

Thomas_W

Reaction score
That looks great man, can you shed some light on your setup/numbers/etc?

Oh man... Thats asking alot, i built that car Almost 10 years ago! Lol. The gist was:

FRPP aluminum block
MPH prepped cobra crank
Forged rods (forget the brand)
diamond pistons
P&P PI heads w/ comp hiload springs
MPH turbo cams
P&P Bullit intake
single blade TB
90mm Lmaf w/ maf extender
kooks turbo headers
Master Power T70 w/.96ar turbine
2 1/2 hotside, 3" downpipe
4" core intercooler (biggest i could find to fit between the front bumper supports)
60# inj.
4- 255lph intank pumps
-10 fees to a Y, -8 to the rails
-8 from rails to Fuel pressure reg, -8 return to tank
Tial Wastegate
TurboXS BOV (i think)

i never got to put it on the rollers before i sold it, but the buyer said it was a solid 550-600rwhp car when he bought it (which i agreed with) that was on 14psi. I never got the boost controller installed for the 25psi race trim i planned to run.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online