Possible Part Out - List of parts - Who would be interested? Tons of 2v Parts

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Oh man... Thats asking alot, i built that car Almost 10 years ago! Lol. The gist was:

FRPP aluminum block
MPH prepped cobra crank
Forged rods (forget the brand)
diamond pistons
P&P PI heads w/ comp hiload springs
MPH turbo cams
P&P Bullit intake
single blade TB
90mm Lmaf w/ maf extender
kooks turbo headers
Master Power T70 w/.96ar turbine
2 1/2 hotside, 3" downpipe
4" core intercooler (biggest i could find to fit between the front bumper supports)
60# inj.
4- 255lph intank pumps
-10 fees to a Y, -8 to the rails
-8 from rails to Fuel pressure reg, -8 return to tank
Tial Wastegate
TurboXS BOV (i think)

i never got to put it on the rollers before i sold it, but the buyer said it was a solid 550-600rwhp car when he bought it (which i agreed with) that was on 14psi. I never got the boost controller installed for the 25psi race trim i planned to run.

Good stuff man, thanks for the info!

Reaction score
Oh man... Thats asking alot, i built that car Almost 10 years ago! Lol. The gist was:

FRPP aluminum block
MPH prepped cobra crank
Forged rods (forget the brand)
diamond pistons
P&P PI heads w/ comp hiload springs
MPH turbo cams
P&P Bullit intake
single blade TB
90mm Lmaf w/ maf extender
kooks turbo headers
Master Power T70 w/.96ar turbine
2 1/2 hotside, 3" downpipe
4" core intercooler (biggest i could find to fit between the front bumper supports)
60# inj.
4- 255lph intank pumps
-10 fees to a Y, -8 to the rails
-8 from rails to Fuel pressure reg, -8 return to tank
Tial Wastegate
TurboXS BOV (i think)

i never got to put it on the rollers before i sold it, but the buyer said it was a solid 550-600rwhp car when he bought it (which i agreed with) that was on 14psi. I never got the boost controller installed for the 25psi race trim i planned to run.

what did you do with the exhaust of the car? turbos have always interested me but i could never understand the exhaust setup

McCloud

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice and input. I think if I kept my bottom end, slapped on some Trickflow heads with custom grind turbo cams, kept my intake manifold setup, and slapped on a 76mm or so this thing would be pretty wild

Sounds about like my combo. I'll let you know how wild it is once I get mine finished and tuned.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Sounds about like my combo. I'll let you know how wild it is once I get mine finished and tuned.

Ahh I forgot about your build. I'll spend some time reading up on anything you have on the forums. Any advice/input on my new setup here? Just sold my blower setup so I can basically buy the entire Trickflow head/cam package from MHS

McCloud

Reaction score
Ahh I forgot about your build. I'll spend some time reading up on anything you have on the forums. Any advice/input on my new setup here? Just sold my blower setup so I can basically buy the entire Trickflow head/cam package from MHS

Just make sure you are getting cams with a TF specific grind. Look into CG Fabrications for a good hotside kit. That's what I have, and my fab guy said it was easier to put the hotside on than it was to take the BBK shorties off. Also, I'd skip their stainless option and just go mild steel plus coating. Guy on modded mustangs had both headers in their SS kit crack.

And if you have the cobra oil cooler on your block like mine did, you'll have to go with a standard gt oil filter adapter because the headers won't clear.

If you don't care to knock the cobwebs off my build thread when you go read it, I'd appreciate it!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Just make sure you are getting cams with a TF specific grind. Look into CG Fabrications for a good hotside kit. That's what I have, and my fab guy said it was easier to put the hotside on than it was to take the BBK shorties off. Also, I'd skip their stainless option and just go mild steel plus coating. Guy on modded mustangs had both headers in their SS kit crack.

And if you have the cobra oil cooler on your block like mine did, you'll have to go with a standard gt oil filter adapter because the headers won't clear.

If you don't care to knock the cobwebs off my build thread when you go read it, I'd appreciate it!:thumbsup:

I was planning on going with the 44cc TF head/cam/degree package from either MHS or CMS, I'm 99% sure both of them are aware of the TF specific grind cams. Did you upgrade valve springs from the stock TF ones?

What oil pump are you running? I was running the stock 4v HO pump, but I'm thinking it will be billet gear upgrade time

I have read very good things about the CG hot side. For ease of use, I will most likely just go with a Hellion setup and a 76mm Precision turbo, but that piping looks top notch for sure.

I'll be starting a build thread in the near future, or I should say a re-build thread from the blower setup I've always had. I'm hoping I have no issues with my short block, but I may need to upgrade to stainless rings I'm thinking. In a perfect world, just piston rings, slap on the TF heads/cams, and I can start working on the turbo setup...but you know how that goes

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
No...reality is probability. If the pistons and walls look great, re-hone pattern for stainless rings and roll dat! Be running before you know! Hopefully deck surfaces arnt tourched or cracked tracking oil or water. You know more when you tare down. Take lots of pics!!

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
No...reality is probability. If the pistons and walls look great, re-hone pattern for stainless rings and roll dat! Be running before you know! Hopefully deck surfaces arnt tourched or cracked tracking oil or water. You know more when you tare down. Take lots of pics!!

Do you know a good set of stainless rings for these cars?

McCloud

Reaction score
I was planning on going with the 44cc TF head/cam/degree package from either MHS or CMS, I'm 99% sure both of them are aware of the TF specific grind cams. Did you upgrade valve springs from the stock TF ones?

What oil pump are you running? I was running the stock 4v HO pump, but I'm thinking it will be billet gear upgrade time

I have read very good things about the CG hot side. For ease of use, I will most likely just go with a Hellion setup and a 76mm Precision turbo, but that piping looks top notch for sure.

I'll be starting a build thread in the near future, or I should say a re-build thread from the blower setup I've always had. I'm hoping I have no issues with my short block, but I may need to upgrade to stainless rings I'm thinking. In a perfect world, just piston rings, slap on the TF heads/cams, and I can start working on the turbo setup...but you know how that goes

I was one of the unfortunate ones that ordered the TF heads back in 2009 when no one knew about needing specific grinds for them. I'm running CMS Stage III turbo cams but my specs are different from the ones now. I upgraded the valve springs to the Comp high-load valve springs when I ordered the heads. I'm running stock Cobra oil pump as well.

I like Hellion system, it's very well designed but I went with a forward facing system for less piping and quicker spool. 76mm is a good size, alot of guys from Modded Mustangs are running the 7675 unit with good numbers. One guy is local to me and hit 730rwhp on 93 with an unlocked converter. I've got a 7668 Turbonetics BB unit. I may run into backpressure issues with the smaller turbine housing and my larger displacement. If that's the case, I'll eventually upgrade to a larger snail.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I was one of the unfortunate ones that ordered the TF heads back in 2009 when no one knew about needing specific grinds for them. I'm running CMS Stage III turbo cams but my specs are different from the ones now. I upgraded the valve springs to the Comp high-load valve springs when I ordered the heads. I'm running stock Cobra oil pump as well.

I like Hellion system, it's very well designed but I went with a forward facing system for less piping and quicker spool. 76mm is a good size, alot of guys from Modded Mustangs are running the 7675 unit with good numbers. One guy is local to me and hit 730rwhp on 93 with an unlocked converter. I've got a 7668 Turbonetics BB unit. I may run into backpressure issues with the smaller turbine housing and my larger displacement. If that's the case, I'll eventually upgrade to a larger snail.

Man I'll tell ya what, you have more patience than I do with a build for a car haha. I went through every post of your build page last night. If I'm not done with this thing in 1-2 years I'd be about ready to sell it haha. It will be worth it in the end though, you're going to have a bada** setup for sure. I'll head over to modded mustangs and start reading up on setups over there

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I have a brand new NX plate kit that I was planning on running with my blower. Would it be crazy to run a small 50 shot with the turbo? What about meth? I have an AIS trunk mount meth system on the car already from the blower setup...again, am I going crazy here thinking of running meth and/or nitrous with a turbo?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online