Post A Pic Of Your Ride As It Sits

Joeminnesota

Reaction score
Love the lift. Nice RX8 or is that a RX7?
That is my son’s 1993 Mark IV Supra. RH drive stick and currently working on a single turbo 2JZ build for it.
My 2004 GT was bought last June with a seized motor and had been ridden hard - I just finished going through the entire drivetrain and suspension (within reason) and built my first 4.6 2V motor (historically I’m an older SB Chevy guy). The 2V had cams already, and I’ve dropped an embarrassing amount of $$ building the fresh motor. Forged bottom end, Livernois CNC ported the heads and bumped to 10.2 compression. It has stage 2 Cushman cams and was a bolt-on queen when I bought it. Araid CAI, BBK headers and 75mm TB ETC. Pretty much an American Muscle / LMR catalog car. It goes to the dyno in a week and a half for tuning. Great hobby we have, but endless time and money if you want to spend it.

Snorky

Reaction score
That is my son’s 1993 Mark IV Supra. RH drive stick and currently working on a single turbo 2JZ build for it.
My 2004 GT was bought last June with a seized motor and had been ridden hard - I just finished going through the entire drivetrain and suspension (within reason) and built my first 4.6 2V motor (historically I’m an older SB Chevy guy). The 2V had cams already, and I’ve dropped an embarrassing amount of $$ building the fresh motor. Forged bottom end, Livernois CNC ported the heads and bumped to 10.2 compression. It has stage 2 Cushman cams and was a bolt-on queen when I bought it. Araid CAI, BBK headers and 75mm TB ETC. Pretty much an American Muscle / LMR catalog car. It goes to the dyno in a week and a half for tuning. Great hobby we have, but endless time and money if you want to spend it.
It's ready for a nice used centri blower setup, make some wild power. Love the lift, what brand/model is it? I will be building a garage this year so I am deciding between a short 2 post for mechanic work or a 4 post like yours for stack storage.

Joeminnesota

Reaction score
It's ready for a nice used centri blower setup, make some wild power. Love the lift, what brand/model is it? I will be building a garage this year so I am deciding between a short 2 post for mechanic work or a 4 post like yours for stack storage.
Mine is an Advantage 9000 lb lift and has been really nice. That said, the 4-post is nice for stacking and for working under the car, but if you mainly want a lift for auto repair, a 2-post is the way to go.
Mine takes a lot of steps for simple jobs - to pull all tires you need to jack the front and rear, blocking one end or the other w/stands - with a 2-post simply lift the car. When using an engine hoist, cross beams and posts are in the way. You need ramps to get on the lift, but I also have Dollie’s and it can be moved - with a car ON it. All the extras take up garage space. With a 2-post, just drive in .. and you can always park between posts without dropping ramps and lining your car up. If you get a 4-post, you absolutely need a jack tray w/wheels (most come with that) and also add an air Jack (which I do have). Without the air Jack many jobs would be tough. This has been perfect for me w/2 cars here, but a 2-post would be really nice at times.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213