Post Up Your Audio System

o36

Reaction score
Thread Resurrection!

Right now in my Stang is just the stock base stereo. Below are all of the parts I've amassed over the past month (waiting patiently for sales etc):

Stinger 1100w dual amp install kit
Metra 99-5026 single din dash kit
BEST BHA1771 oem stereo harness adapter
Scoche non-fused distribution block (3)
Scoche battery terminal for 0/1, 4 and 8g wire
T-Spec 4 channel 17-ft RCA patch cable
Metra 82-5601 5x7” to 6.5” adapter plates
Alpine IDA-X100 Headunit
Alpine PXA-H100 Imprint sound processor
Alpine KTX-H100 MultiEQ tuning kit for PXA-H100 (comes with the 2.10 version of the software)
Phoenix Gold Z500.1 Mono amp (500w RMS @ 2 ohm, power matched to the sub for 350w RMS)
Phoenix Gold Z500.4 4 Channel amp (75w RMS @ 4 ohm, power matched to the mids and tweeters, 60w RMS and 20w RMS respectively)
Hertz Dieci DSK-165.3 6.5” Components
Pioneer TS-W257D4 10” Subwoofer
Sony 10” Ported box (Initially designed for 125w RMS Sony Xplod 10” sub)

I've already got the amps affixed to the sub box and wired up locally. All that's left is to do the actual install into the car, probably in the next week or so :headbang:

Box needs to be vacuumed and cleaned up, and the plan is to get some industrial strength velcro to hold the box from sliding around.

This is just meant to be my temporary stereo until I can perform some necessary things for the upgraded stereo: high output alternator, 0 gauge big 3 upgrade, and then assemble the parts needed for a ~2000w RMS system including 2 rear firing 12's and a full 4 way active set up using an Audison Bit One or something similar and a double din carputer based around a raspberry Pi with a hi res dac.

Some of the items above (Sub, Box) I had in my previous car, so I know the combo works well. The sub is rated at 350w RMS, but I was under powering it with a 250w RMS bridged 2 channel Phoenix Gold amp and it still pounded like crazy, and that was @ 4 ohm. Feeding it it's recommended 350w should give it a good bump up in performance.

I bought all the accessories, amps and components new. Combined retail value of the amps and components was 900, got them on sale for 300 total for all 3! The Alpine units, I got a good deal on all 3 for 200 bucks in pretty decent shape from someone on Craigslist.

2x90St2pKR75.jpg

2x90bwPe5w4X.jpg

o36

Reaction score
Lookin good. You scored some great stuff there! Is it all that you want?

For now, its all I can honestly justify picking up so it will have to suffice for now. Depending on how the system behaves, I may or may not get a cap, but for now the stock alternator and brand new battery should be able to more than handle the ~510w RMS of system power.

Next year I plan on upgrading it to a big dawg system, 2 1000w 12's, 80w rms tweeters, 150w rms mid range and 200w rms mid bass, speakers all from Skar Audio (except for the tweeters, those will be Crescendo), and Skar amp's. I hope to try and find an Audison Bit One, failing that I'll have to do some research into other good DSPs with SP/DIF input.

I'll also be doing a full car sound deadening treatment for the new stereo as well. I'm either going to go with a custom Raspberry Pi carPC + HiFiBerry DAC for a head unit solution, or do a SoundMan iPad floater dash kit and pipe the signal through a converter to output as SP/DIF. Not sure which route I'm going to go there just yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online