Potential rear brake upgrade and it’s cheap too!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
i had always questioned the idea that it was useless with bigger wheels myself. It would still read when its locked up, maybe a little slower but probably still much faster than we can.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Driven plenty of cars with and without and I prefer without. On my super coupe that I use to run in scca events in Indy I hated the abs after putting different wheels and tires on it. . Identical system that our stangs have and braking was much smoother after I removed it.
Ever since putting larger and staggered wheels on my 95 the system would engage if you barely hit the brakes. My buddies supercharged 94 had the same issue after switching his wheels. He removed his and noticed better braking.

Now that I think about it. I can’t think of many people who liked the abs on our cars after changing up the wheels. Your the first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I’ve had the opportunity to test this setup for 350 miles and it flat works. I’m using the Baer +1 rotor kit so that may be factor to consider. I’m using Powerstop Track Day pads and the sucker has a lot of initial bite. @lwarrior1016 can attest to this. Coupled with the Brembo 44/40 calipers and 14” rotors in the front, it stops with authority. I’m also not using ABS.

19EFE286-4AE0-44D5-AF81-00334A7398DF.jpeg

I’ll report back after I autocross the car in a few weeks.

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Is this worth it on a street car with the cobra brakes? In your opinion

I love cheap junkyardable upgrades lol

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Is this worth it on a street car with the cobra brakes? In your opinion

I love cheap junkyardable upgrades lol

IMO every little bit helps! However, for a car that’s just a cruiser or used for the occasion back road blast, fresh DOT 4 fluid, a good set of updates pads and rotors is all you’ll likely ever need.

apsmith49921

Reaction score
I've got good rotors, pads I think could use some upgrading. I'll just have to go over it piece by piece. It's a shame deals keep popping up on ebay for things i don't need

Reaction score
i just spent money on trans am spec wilwoods for my car. big boy 4 pot calipers with 14in rotors up front and the 13in rear with normal wilwood caliper. ive never had any abs problems in my car and my whole setup is different than most of what people run

96gt226410

Reaction score
If I ever end up wanting to do the ATS front caliper upgrade I'll end up doing the Taurus rear calipers, too. Are they worthy upgrades? I'm keeping the stock ABS.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for posting up the Power Stop red package. I was going to buy bare 43mm and get them powder coated to match my Wilwoods, now I don't have to.
I can probably sell my rear Bullitt calipers for what I just paid for the new Power Stop. Those Bullitt fanatics love buying stuff even more than we do.

FYI I got the pair on Amazon for $131 and no additional core fees. That was the best I have seen now that everyone is buying the 43mm calipers.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Thanks for posting up the Power Stop red package. I was going to buy bare 43mm and get them powder coated to match my Wilwoods, now I don't have to.
I can probably sell my rear Bullitt calipers for what I just paid for the new Power Stop. Those Bullitt fanatics love buying stuff even more than we do.

FYI I got the pair on Amazon for $131 and no additional core fees. That was the best I have seen now that everyone is buying the 43mm calipers.

Good deal!

96gt226410

Reaction score

Got a link? I see them on Amazon for $178.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have seen that on amazon from time to time where something is either just too cheap or that suddenly goes up afterwards. I had been looking for a battery charger that could do both of my AGM batteries at the same time when I found a nice one on there for $150 cheaper than I could find it anywhere else. I was a little surprised when they said it shipped and then the next day I saw the price was back up to where everyone else was at.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I’ve had the opportunity to test this setup for 350 miles and it flat works. I’m using the Baer +1 rotor kit so that may be factor to consider. I’m using Powerstop Track Day pads and the sucker has a lot of initial bite. @lwarrior1016 can attest to this. Coupled with the Brembo 44/40 calipers and 14” rotors in the front, it stops with authority. I’m also not using ABS.

View attachment 8975

I’ll report back after I autocross the car in a few weeks.

096062A1-94D4-4D4E-8F81-FEC16C1E086E.jpeg

Finally was able to use this setup in an autocross setting and the results were good. I will report back later this month after a track day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online