pre programed tuners

tooslow

Reaction score
if i were to do the PI intake cam swap i'd also get a tune.

i'm already sold on the SCT xcal2 if or when i do it. does this have preprogramed tunes for these mods, or will i have to get a custom tune for it. Baton Rouge has a very well respected sct ford tuner/dyno shop. but he isn't cheap. how well would a preprogramed tune work?

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
wow, it was late and i was kind of tired when i typed that out. sorry for it being so jumbled.

basicly, will the pre programed tune on an xcal2 be good enough for a PI intake and cam swapped car?

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Buy yours from Doug at bamachips.com! he will send you 3 new tunes every time you do a mod (excluding FI and nitrous). And you can tell him what mods you have and they seem to be great! I recommend the 93 Performance, 93 Torque, and the 93 Race! That way you can always have the best avaible! And if you find your self somewhere that a gas station doesnt have 93 the tuner saves your factory tune so you can just put that back on there! hope this helps!

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
thanks man, i'll look into that.

right now i'm about to start saving mod money/ stock pilling parts and than do the swap and other stuff at once if possible.

the "other stuff"... well, ideas?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You won't need a tune after a PI Intake/Cam swap but it wouldn't hurt. I ordered mine from Don Lasota at www.lasotaracing.com He knows his stuff. For minor stuff the mail order tune will be good as long as you get it from someone who is competent.

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
i'm still debating what this cars role will be in the near future. if i'll ever do a full PI swap, maybe even ported. or will i keep the nPI heads on permanently. comp nPI cams, PI intake, LT headers, and boltons are looking to be the most likely set-up. i want to go big with power (who doesn't) but i also want to keep it a mild dealy driver at times. depends on the day i'm having. lol.

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
dealy??WTF

daily

*note to self, click spell check

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members