pro m 77mm worth it?

97vertstang

Reaction score
hey guys theres this guy selling a 77mm pro m maf is it worth $75?i just got a bbk throtte body off of him.i want to make a better deal with him but is the part any good?or will it be any good in my set up?i want to put a 70 bbk throttle body,trick flow plenum,pi intake,aftermarket inlet tube and a big cone filter in front of maf.will these set up gain some good hp??i want to catch my frineds 94 cobra , lets just say i tried to hang with him the other day and got done dirty.my first step is to do all my induction and see what happens. btw how hard is it to install pi cams??any one done it?if i could get some for cheap that might be another mod i might think about.sorry for asking all these questions im just trying to wiesly spend my tax money!!!!if long tube headers and o/r h pipe were legal here in CA i would put those instead but what can we do :dunno:

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes that seems like a good deal, id prob buy it if you didnt. Just make sure you if it is calibrated to your injectors (yours stock 19# im assuming). You might not notice much of a diffrence but once you start adding more mods a MAF and TB are deffently wise decisions. But on stock heads, intake, cam, it might not make a noticeable diffrence but everything adds up right.

There are a few threads on here about PI cams try a seach or just browse.

STNG_96

Reaction score
Yeah, Id consider that a good buy. About the cams, if your going to do the install, may as well do it right the first time. I would prrobably put in some comp cams before I did the PI ones.

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
whats the stock maf size on a 97 gt??i heard conflicting results either 65mm or 80 mm?? will the pro m maf hurt me at all??what i mean is it going to mess with my tune or is it just a bolt on?? also the reason i want to use pi cams is price.pi cams go for $50-100 bucks while comp cams are 500 bucks!maybe if one day i decide to go all out i will. but right now i just want a 280-300 fwhp daily driver.

tomustang

Reaction score
a bigger meter on a 2V isn't worth it unless your going blown or you're putting out over 350rwhp already

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
well, regardless if it works or not i got the meter and throttle body for $150.now im a look for a plenum,inlet tube,pi intake,and some underdrive pulleys :thumb:since each one doesnt do crap alone i want to do everything at once,maybe then ill feel something.since im on a budget im going to buy everything on deals. ;D a vert auto needs all the help it can get.ill keep u guys updated and asking questions. :drunk:

Adam

Reaction score
Stick with your stock MAF, they are calibrated much better than Pro-M, this is coming from someone who has an 87MM Pro-M. ;)

sanitarium16

Reaction score
i dont know i have a 85mm maf and i instantly felt better throttle response....not to mention it is a crap load wider than stock.....I give it a thumbs up

Adam

Reaction score
sanitarium16 said:
i dont know i have a 85mm maf and i instantly felt better throttle response....not to mention it is a crap load wider than stock.....I give it a thumbs up

The stock 65mm MAF will flow enough air to support HP that most of us will never see. If I put your car on my datalogger with your 85 and then put the oem 65 on it, not only would you not see any power gains, but you will see how much your 85MM MAF AD fluctuates, which can make tuning and getting a car with cams to idle a PITA. Bigger is not always better. Your engines volumetric efficency is not going to change with a MAF.

Adam

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
well i sold the maf to my cousin.i didnt want to sell it but he wanted it and he has hooked me up a couple times.i sold him the maf and the bbk throttle body for the same price i got it for. now i bought a k&N fipk, and some mac pulleys.i already installed the k&n and well it looks nicer.the mac pulleys havent gotten them yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online