Project intervention (the 2v's 1/4 slip)

OP
OP
Orgawesome_98coyote
Reaction score
Man honestly not much so far. It was supposedly a 2800 but even with the wider tires its at about 1900 before it starts braking them over. Maybe it will do a little better at the track. I didn't expect it to be the full 2800 but i figured it would be a solid 2200 at least. Seems like the factory stall was at about 1400? That sound right?

OP
OP
Orgawesome_98coyote
Reaction score
Pretty excited to finally get a set of these. Ebayed these jewels for $60 bucks. Really thinking about yellow tinting them. Opinions? Just curious how much support there is for the yellow tinted fog lights lol

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Lots of guys here like the yellow tint stuff. That's waayyyy to import-ish for me to like it. I'm more of an American muscle type and I try not to mix import and American taste. Overall, my opinion is don't do it.

OP
OP
Orgawesome_98coyote
Reaction score
Lots of guys here like the yellow tint stuff. That's waayyyy to import-ish for me to like it. I'm more of an American muscle type and I try not to mix import and American taste. Overall, my opinion is don't do it.
Never looked at it like that. Ive always related the yellow tinted foglights to auto X or American iron myself. Guess thats why i like them. So my hearts in the right place if you know what i mean... MERICA

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
You know, I never thought of it like that. I'm still not for it, however, you have honest intentions and if you like it then go for it. And to top it all off...since its Memorial Day and all.... Merica!

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yellow penetrates fog better than white. It has absolutely nothing to do with being "import-ish".

I vote yellow because function + form.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
For a second I thought that^ said function > form and I laughed til I read it again lol.

And I didn't think about it when we talked about it earlier but that is kind of an autox thing too. I still vote yellow HID's as well.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Im not trying to start a war here by any means, and if you like the auto-x look then go for the yellow fogs.
Now, on the flip side, the purpose of a fog light is not to penetrate the fog they are designed to illuminate the road underneath the fog. The difference in the lights comes from the design cut on the glass not the color of the glass or bulb. They are made to give a wide, low spread to light the road and not create a reflection on the water droplets that form fog.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Hey that actually looks good! Put a crownvic rearend in it and the spacing might be just right!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.