E2CC62D4-6AFA-4041-81DC-F1D9D7ABB350_zpsfc9chftj.jpg

B6C0CA28-A421-42C6-B965-0617C6F99C21_zpscurieppy.jpg

OP
OP
T

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Thanks man!

I REALLY like it. I found myself just kinda staring at the car today at times... makes me hate the need to scrap the redhead and pickup a shell to swap everything over to.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That hood is SSSSSOOOOOOO fawking baddarse on there!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Ill get some better pictures tomorrow when i take it to the car wash to spray it off, its duuusssttttyyyy.

OP
OP
T

Thomas_W

Reaction score
It looks good!

What plane fuselage is that in the garage? Almost looks like a 310. And it's HUGE!!

You would be correct. Its a 40% Cessna 310, which i believe is roughly a 190-200" wingspan. I inherited that along with another monster 1/4 Beech Starship.

OP
OP
T

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Time for some opinions...

my quest for a 99-04 roller is being a bit harder than i thought. Everytime i find one, im always away for work and by the time i get back its gone.

So i found a 94/95 GT with a cobra front bumper. Should i swap back to the early sn95 platform and modify by cajun pro hood to work with this body style, or continue the search for a 99-04 shell?

theres pro and cons to both...

pro of the 94/95 chassis:
sell the Terminator parts for probly $1,000
Part the shell for another $600-800
cons:
new hood might not fit
94/95 tail lights.

Pros/cons for 99-04 chassis:

part out all the 99-04 parts car parts not needed
cons:
spend more on the shell/car

RedTwilight

Reaction score
That's going to be a tough one to decide!
You do have that brand new Cajun hood. But then again you could also have the T1 spoiler. Though I'd like to see what you can do with the 94-95 I think in the long run another new edge shell will be more cost effective.

OP
OP
T

Thomas_W

Reaction score
That's going to be a tough one to decide!
You do have that brand new Cajun hood. But then again you could also have the T1 spoiler. Though I'd like to see what you can do with the 94-95 I think in the long run another new edge shell will be more cost effective.

Thats kind of what ive been thinking. There is a v6 that needs a headgasket about 45 mins away. Downside to it is it hit a deer at some point so the driverside fender was replaced and the door has some damage... they are asking $1000, i may go look at it and see if i can get it for $500 or so.

OP
OP
T

Thomas_W

Reaction score
The 99GT chassis problems are fixed. I found this v6 about 1:45 hours away. It has a blown headgasket (that i may fix to be able to resell the engine as running) and 2 bum front fenders where some idiot "body guy" banged them up pretty good when he was painting them. The driver side door also has some damage to the front lip, but im not worried about that bc i found and bought a white driver side door of facebook yesterday for $70 complete escept the inner door panel.

This car even has dark charcoal interior and is a 99 just like the red car, so the amount of stuff needed to swap it to a v8 is extremely small.

Soo if anyone is need/want of some parts, let me know, i even have a few pallets so i could ship heavier stuff.

The only stuff from the v6 car i plan to keep is:
complete body minus rear bumper
dash and center console
Cloth seats (for now)

855DD57A-F76D-4A28-AF6E-0462EF714D67_zpsmqvbmubs.jpg

OP
OP
T

Thomas_W

Reaction score
I started stripping the V6 car down today. Nearly all of the interior is out of it minus the dash and rear trim.

8CF0778F-5FC1-45FD-B203-DACEE0ABFAD2_zps7b1n3fwn.jpg

I cant even begin to describe how filthy and disgusting the interior of this thing was. I though the red car was bad, this one is so i bad i decided to just trash the carpet and rear seat (the seat had faded to a greyisj purple color). Front seats weren't much better. The driver side is a full power seat, so ill probably strip it down and trash the seats from this thing as well. I'll eventually be putting Corbeau A4's in anyways. You can see how dirty the floor pans are, that would be considered clean compared to the carpet.

Only one hickup, that was one of the drive side rear seat bolts broke trying to get it out... im not sure how im going to remedy that problem just yet, but im guessing its going to involve alot of time, drill bits, cutting fluid and a tap.

and here's the totes of stuff i removed and ready for cleaning, minus the trunk liner stuff and door panels...

D93EAC55-6D19-4894-8457-6F5D458ADEF6_zps69ijpk32.jpg

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I started stripping the V6 car down today. Nearly all of the interior is out of it minus the dash and rear trim.

8CF0778F-5FC1-45FD-B203-DACEE0ABFAD2_zps7b1n3fwn.jpg

I cant even begin to describe how filthy and disgusting the interior of this thing was. I though the red car was bad, this one is so i bad i decided to just trash the carpet and rear seat (the seat had faded to a greyisj purple color). Front seats weren't much better. The driver side is a full power seat, so ill probably strip it down and trash the seats from this thing as well. I'll eventually be putting Corbeau A4's in anyways. You can see how dirty the floor pans are, that would be considered clean compared to the carpet.

Only one hickup, that was one of the drive side rear seat bolts broke trying to get it out... im not sure how im going to remedy that problem just yet, but im guessing its going to involve alot of time, drill bits, cutting fluid and a tap.

and here's the totes of stuff i removed and ready for cleaning, minus the trunk liner stuff and door panels...

D93EAC55-6D19-4894-8457-6F5D458ADEF6_zps69ijpk32.jpg

Nice progress stripping it down, my rear drivers seat bolts broke off as well when I took my factory seats out. I Just used a quality drill bit and reamed it out big enough to run stainless bolts/nuts and washers and put rubber gaskets under the washers to keep moisture out. So far it's held up pretty well

OP
OP
T

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Nice progress stripping it down, my rear drivers seat bolts broke off as well when I took my factory seats out. I Just used a quality drill bit and reamed it out big enough to run stainless bolts/nuts and washers and put rubber gaskets under the washers to keep moisture out. So far it's held up pretty well

Good idea! I may just have to use it.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
wow, you certainly have your work cut out for you. One of the seat bolts on my old GT broke and I was able to drill it out and didn't even have to tap it.
Are you planning to keep the car white?

OP
OP
T

Thomas_W

Reaction score
wow, you certainly have your work cut out for you. One of the seat bolts on my old GT broke and I was able to drill it out and didn't even have to tap it.
Are you planning to keep the car white?

nope.

Before doing the swap, im going to install the scott rod panels in the engine compartment, fill in as many holes as possible and completely repaint the entire car. I just ordered the next to the last body panels needed before paint, so nows its just a matter of getting the car stripped down to a bare roller and pressure washing the entire thing. Then i can start doing the fun stuff.

Im currently debating on if im going to do the weld in or rivet in scott rod panels... if i do weld in, ill need a welder, in which case That may open up other projects before the swap starts. If i do rivet in panels, i can do the AN braided line hydroboost lines or get started with paint sooner. Either way i need to get some $$$$ so i csn get paint done before winter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online