Pushrod size help!

Black_Adder

Reaction score
Ok, so im nearing getting my engine put back together after I clean the cylinder walls up a lil bit with a hone, now I started thinking about my torque specs for my rockers and got that. But the one thing I got a funny feeling about is whether I got the right pushrod size. I got the stock length of 6.250. Now I'm running a pair of gt40p heads with Alex springs on them. Will that length work or do I need to adjust the size and how do I tell?

HawkX66

Reaction score
Ok, so im nearing getting my engine put back together after I clean the cylinder walls up a lil bit with a hone, now I started thinking about my torque specs for my rockers and got that. But the one thing I got a funny feeling about is whether I got the right pushrod size. I got the stock length of 6.250. Now I'm running a pair of gt40p heads with Alex springs on them. Will that length work or do I need to adjust the size and how do I tell?
What motor? Generally if you change anything that will affect the pushrod length, you bolt everything together and use a pushrod checker and or an adjustable pushrod to take measurements off of as a pretty much final step.

HawkX66

Reaction score
I have the 5.0, bored .030 for my 347 stroker kit. And I can prolly order that from comp cams right?
Summit etc. will have them. Same with the little plastic checker. Valve train geometry is important, so double check you're doing it right. You can probably Google for a more specific process.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online