Quad Shocks

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
i have always heard that if you have aftermarket rear control arms you can remove the quad shocks. my question is, do you just remove them? is it that easy, or does something else need to be done to remove the 2 extra shocks?

OP
OP
94Pro-5.0

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
just removed them. no more rubbing, no binding, no wheel hop, took 20 minutes, i'm happy :)

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Only MM arms car have the Quad shock removed

OP
OP
94Pro-5.0

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
i dont like it without them, so they're going back on, but horizontally swapped like i have read about on the corral

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yeah, most aftermarket control arms are not strong enough to handle the remove of the quad shock.... only the MM arms can because they are like "Super LCAs" :coolsmiley:

...even with my MM LCAs i left my Quad Shocks on... i might get some bilstein quadshocks....

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
im son replacing mine with frpp or steeda. wtfever our ford racing dealership has. 33 a set or a piece. good thing i like about our stealership is they sell bbk or steeda products. the other one sells just roush which i believe is a rip off.

g_dogg

Reaction score
is there any advantages to getting aftermarket quad shocks?
i know bilstein makes some. anyone have them?

Hybridbird

Reaction score
I took mine off,even with factory arms in place and never missed them,even with the 315's and the clutch dumps.I have Roush lowers now and still don't miss them.I even took the brackets off, so I couldn't put them back if I wanted to.

1FastGT

Reaction score
i have upr upper and lowers non adj. ones would it actually do anything or is it like more mental then anything?

someone please provide links for some tech article.

g_dogg

Reaction score
"If your Mustangs is not equipped with a Torque Arm or other form of 3-link rear suspension, the quad shocks must be functional."

I'm quoting Jason from Maximum Motorsports.

fixthedoor

Reaction score
g_dogg said:
"If your Mustangs is not equipped with a Torque Arm or other form of 3-link rear suspension, the quad shocks must be functional."

I'm quoting Jason from Maximum Motorsports.

Chris from MM told me the same thing.

94IVGT

Reaction score
ive got upr ucas and mm/granatelli lcas and no quad shocks. the bracket that the quad shock bolts to that is supposed to welded onto the rearend broke off and all.

1FastGT

Reaction score
94IVGT said:
ive got upr ucas and mm/granatelli lcas and no quad shocks. the bracket that the quad shock bolts to that is supposed to welded onto the rearend broke off and all.

EpicFail02.jpg

Hybridbird

Reaction score
My story stands, neither one of mine have had them for well over a year with no ill effects,even on the car with stock arms.I also remember taking the "quads" off of all of my turbo coupes and the last one of those I built, 4 cylinder engine not-with-standing ,put 367 hp and 308 lbs of torque to the rear wheels on a Mustang dyno at Carlisle in 2004, so all my quads will continue to go where they have been going on my wide tire cars,in the shit can. :dancing6:

Passenger

Reaction score
Hybridbird said:
My story stands, neither one of mine have had them for well over a year with no ill effects,even on the car with stock arms.I also remember taking the "quads" off of all of my turbo coupes and the last one of those I built, 4 cylinder engine not-with-standing ,put 367 hp and 308 lbs of torque to the rear wheels on a Mustang dyno at Carlisle in 2004, so all my quads will continue to go where they have been going on my wide tire cars,in the shit can. :dancing6:
x2. I've had two different brand of LCA's on my car and neither were from MM. Quadshocks FTL

g_dogg

Reaction score
some people have had bad experiences, like bending the torque boxes.
they blamed it on the removal of quad shocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online