Question about M105

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nice Call mygreengt..... Use the space if you got it!!!

I wax my car at night.... I have some bright lights i use and the cool weather makes the wax nice to work with.

mygreengt

Legend
Reaction score
i would like to add that there is a big ass tree over my driveway and it drops little leaves all over the place. so it sucks when my car is clean because it doesnt stay clean very long

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Car cover: One of the best things I ever bought for my mustang.

I take it with me on trips, and cover the stang at the hotel :)

mygreengt

Legend
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
Car cover: One of the best things I ever bought for my mustang.

I take it with me on trips, and cover the stang at the hotel :)
i have one. i use it when its in hibernation... which is coming up soon

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I use my car cover often.... Its one of those outdoor breathable kind.... Freakin rocks!!!

OP
OP
stprorolla49

stprorolla49

Reaction score
Yea I have a cover, and I did use it actually because I did the detail over 2 days. It's a California Car Covers "NOAH" cover. 4 layers, breathable, all that jazz...probably the same as yours handz. I just ran out of time the night before the show, thats what I was getting at. My memory is getting bad in my 22 year old "old age" haha. I can't even remember what I did each day, all I remember is I had so much shit to do both days that I didn't start detailing until like 2pm each day which clearly wasn't enough time to get everything done I wanted to. I did the engine bay, interior, wash, and clay the first day, covered it, then did the M105, wash, and E-Zyme wax the second day, then covered overnight and left the next morning at 7am for the show in PA. It was all worth it, the car had some moderate swirls that I couldn't stand any longer and the AM show was an excuse to do the detail.

IMG_6284.jpg

IMG_6289.jpg

That E-Zyme is such an amazing LSP!!! I had been using Autoglym HD, then I won the E-Zyme in a CG contest, and I love it so much. Too bad there is no way in hell I'm spending $275 on a tub of wax!

OP
OP
stprorolla49

stprorolla49

Reaction score
Yep, they were running a contest every month (maybe they still are?) that if you send in a pic of you using their products on your car and they pick you, you win a tub of E-Zyme. I sent them a pic of me claying my car with like 10 bottles of their products on my trunk lid and they loved it and I had a tub sitting on my doorstep like a month later!!

mygreengt

Legend
Reaction score
stprorolla49 said:
Yep, they were running a contest every month (maybe they still are?) that if you send in a pic of you using their products on your car and they pick you, you win a tub of E-Zyme. I sent them a pic of me claying my car with like 10 bottles of their products on my trunk lid and they loved it and I had a tub sitting on my doorstep like a month later!!
thats awesome. i saw your entry for it. i need to do that.

OP
OP
stprorolla49

stprorolla49

Reaction score
greenscobie86 said:
Damn car looks awesome!!!!

Great job on it. The DD bullitts look PHAT!

Back on topic :)

Hahaha, soooo...about that M105, lol.

Gonna give it a go again in a few months followed by the M205.

Another question, I guess it's pretty obvious when the buffer pads are word out right? I'm pretty sure mine are beat, but this is my first set of pads with this buffer. Just wondering.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
stprorolla49, I would just wait 5-6 washes then before applying a maintenance coat of wax, just go straight into polishing with 205.

No need to wait months to use 105 again since you already just compounded.... Just get to finish polishing!!!

OP
OP
stprorolla49

stprorolla49

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
stprorolla49, I would just wait 5-6 washes then before applying a maintenance coat of wax, just go straight into polishing with 205.

No need to wait months to use 105 again since you already just compounded.... Just get to finish polishing!!!
Not a bad idea! I think thats probably what I'll end up doing. I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to do a complete 2 step correction when it's freezing out. Probably around Thanksgiving I'll give the car a nice polishing, throw 2 coats of wax on it, and cover it for the wintertime. Thank god I have my younger brothers Wrangler to drive this winter!!!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i want 2 try this stuff.

Stproroll - did you try cleaning it what a polishing pad cleaner and it won't come out?
I"m just curious.

great idea on the mixing Wytstang.

mustangmike98gt

Reaction score
wytstang said:
Mustangmike00GT said:
i had the exact same problem at first. then i got the meguiars soft buff pads the red and yellow pads and now it works perfect. also slow the speed to no more than 3
Speed 3 is very ineffective when trying to break down a compound/polish via a pc or a Flex 3401 for that matter. Heat+friction are what break down a chemical and at speed 3 the first one is impossible and the second component is virtually not there.
gotta keep at it, the red pad will break it down, and since hes a beginner going too fast will only make things worse

OP
OP
stprorolla49

stprorolla49

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
i want 2 try this stuff.

Stproroll - did you try cleaning it what a polishing pad cleaner and it won't come out?
I"m just curious.

great idea on the mixing Wytstang.

Nope, I never tried that, but thats a great idea. I have some CG pad conditioner that I use to soften up the pad for use, and clean up when I'm done. I bet either that of some quick detailer would do the trick.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
that stuff will clean it right up.

pour some cleaner with water into a pan or something,
let the dirty pads sit for a min or so, then work it with your hands under the tap.
dump more cleaner directly on the tough stains and you'll be good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online