Quickest out of the three?

ram360

Reaction score
I'd put my money on the fox, he's got the weight advantage.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Next thing I'm doing is 3.73s, pretty soon I hope. His fox is a hatch and has the GT ground effects so it weighs probably around 3300lbs. Gears should make this car more peppy, its such a dog off the line. Feel like it doesn't have any kahonas lol

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Gears in your car will make all the difference, the autos are killing your cars. and those earlier V6s were kinda doggy.

FaykSaleen

Reaction score
If the two 5.0s are tired I'm willing to bet the v6 takes the win!

If not, then I'd probably put my money on the fox

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This thread surely doesn't disappoint.

I'm gonna go grab some ice cream.

chris91

Reaction score
So yeah your argument that the s197 weighs so much more is invalid also.

2013 Coupe V6 Curb Weight - 3,523
1998 Coupe GT Curb Weight - 3,411

The HP advantage of the new V6 makes up for the weight difference.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Wow what a cluster fuxk this turned into haha
My 95 has close to 55k on it, the 91 fox has 31k on it so both cars are in really good shape. I wish I hadda 5 speed, oh well. Maybe I'll get a 2nd SN in the future thats a 5 speed and build it. I just heard my sisters bf's v6 at the shop... Omg that thing sounds ridiculous with the LT's and no cats. Holee shit.

greenscobie86

Reaction score
Loving this thread.

The foxes will walk away cuz they are lighter and If they are 5-speed + driver mod they will win.

The v6 will lose, even with LT's lol.

The discussion on the 2011 3.7 v-6 Stangers is kinda funny. There is a kid that posts on SVTP with a Gear+CAI '11 V-6 laying down some hurt on sn95 mod motor Cobras with vids to prove it.

That being said anything can happen on the street, be safe. :)

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't catch this thread sooner.

Jones, your tone in the first few posts is what instigated all of the flack your way. Try using a little more tact, and in general, not being such an ass when posting, especially here in the "safe zone"

OP

It's mostly a drivers race. You have three cars that will put down in the neighborhood of 200 horse, but the v6 has gearing on you.

Hit the track, and give us all the specs from the best run. Most importantly though, 60 foot, trap speed and ET.

Then we will be able to see who sucked at launching (or just couldn't hook up) so they ran a slower time, but trapped a higher speed, etc.

I rarely launch (too cheap for tires) so I had terrible 60 foots, but I would trap higher than guys running a full second faster than me....i.e. the potential for me to run time x is there.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
And 5 oh just race it and tell us the out come.
Eventually were all going to the track.
Loving this thread.

The foxes will walk away cuz they are lighter and If they are 5-speed + driver mod they will win.

The v6 will lose, even with LT's lol.

The discussion on the 2011 3.7 v-6 Stangers is kinda funny. There is a kid that posts on SVTP with a Gear+CAI '11 V-6 laying down some hurt on sn95 mod motor Cobras with vids to prove it.

That being said anything can happen on the street, be safe. :)
His fox is a 4 speed auto like mine. I don't think he can launch it without spinning like crazy lol. Yeah I think he got maybe 15hp from the LT's and o/r H on the V6. That thing is so fawking loud my ears are still hurting from like 2 hours ago lol.
Sorry I didn't catch this thread sooner.

Jones, your tone in the first few posts is what instigated all of the flack your way. Try using a little more tact, and in general, not being such an ass when posting, especially here in the "safe zone"

OP

It's mostly a drivers race. You have three cars that will put down in the neighborhood of 200 horse, but the v6 has gearing on you.

Hit the track, and give us all the specs from the best run. Most importantly though, 60 foot, trap speed and ET.

Then we will be able to see who sucked at launching (or just couldn't hook up) so they ran a slower time, but trapped a higher speed, etc.

I rarely launch (too cheap for tires) so I had terrible 60 foots, but I would trap higher than guys running a full second faster than me....i.e. the potential for me to run time x is there.

Definitely going to the track. I try out RT's with red lights haha, once it turns green blam I'm gone (eventually lol). None of us have ever been to the track before, so it'll definitely be a new experience for all three of us.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly, so three really evenly matched cars. Just because someone runs a faster time though, doesn't mean everything. If someone traps a few miles higher, even if they ran a slower time, they do have more potential at the moment, they probably just suck at coming out of the hole.

cobra head

Reaction score
i would say the foxbody i say yll make a lil trip to mexico and do it up and let us know the out come waitting to go to the track can take a lil while

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Lol. dumb question for you guys.. Place i got my h pipe and tails installed have a dyno. $150 for 3 runs, but since I've brought some business they'll give us 3 dyno runs for $100. That a good price?

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Oo, so maybe in a couple weeks I'll get this dog dyno'd. Hoping for like 175-185 rwhp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online

No members online now.