Racing Shark Racing Car

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Reaction score
And to keep the ball rolling, just purchased Brembo Package Mustang GT Calipers, FTR Brembo Brake kit, Hurst/Racing Brake 14" Two Piece GT500 Rotors and brake fluid. Next up is the Full Tilt Boogie Racing Rear 13" kit.

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Reaction score
It is a pin on. Weighs like 15lbs if I remember correctly from my scale. The radiator core support where the latch connects may be removed and replaced with some sort of tubular mid bar.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
My favorite hood ever... Guessing they still don't make the latch version. Which most people that race don't care for.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Reaction score
What are the flares you are installing in the rear?

This kit was made by Paul Brown before he passed away, RIP, and given to a friend of my Boss. I then sealed his wooden fence around his 3 acre lot this was my payment. I am not sure of where/who would have/does sell them.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
This kit was made by Paul Brown before he passed away, RIP, and given to a friend of my Boss. I then sealed his wooden fence around his 3 acre lot this was my payment. I am not sure of where/who would have/does sell them.

Thats a bummer, I like them. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal on it.

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Reaction score
Thats a bummer, I like them. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal on it.

I got the kit, a sun burn, GT500 wheels and Brakes and a new found respect for large scale wall/fence painters. Yeah I was pretty happy about it : ) I can't wait to get the body finished and get her wrapped and just stare at it before it takes the track and becomes in danger of rocks, coyotes, cars, sand traps, curbs, etc etc.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Back when i was looking it was only the pin on version on the hood.. The only way to get a latch i was told i had to skin the stock hood and use the bottom part. But this was a long time ago...

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Reaction score
Back when i was looking it was only the pin on version on the hood.. The only way to get a latch i was told i had to skin the stock hood and use the bottom part. But this was a long time ago...

That sounds very lbor intense. Did you just not want to run something like the aero hood latches?

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I didn't know they were around at the time.. This was at least 6 years or more ago.. I think griggs was the only one selling it at the time..

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Reaction score
26ce809b0047b4f7fbc460a1b1d1ce56.jpg
c2da11dc3b46ea59c7ba09b0038e5b33.jpg
6cac62bfd30bd7ece93c78bdff83d159.jpg
7974c794974c24f45b12f3e4cb8e787f.jpg
d34bbd288f30ce6fdacae77600755c3f.jpg

Had a super rough weekend. Started out staying up to 1:00 am to finish my Revolution brake kit install, mounting tires, fixing shifter extender and then driving off of 5 hours of sleep to the track 3 hours away and showing up 15 minutes before qualifying where I had to bed in my brakes and finding out that I have a horrible misfire that made the car run on 7 cylinders. I was pushing as hard as possible just to finish 6th of 6 on Saturday. Tweaked some things under the hood trying to correct said misfire the next day but only cleared up about 70%. Fought during the Q Race to get a good starting spot for the main and ended up being right behind everyone in my class. Had a "legal" start and used the one lap of full power that I had before the engine went flat and managed to take the class lead into turn one. I race against all 3 series BMW's so they are a little behind on low end grunt. Had the lead for 4 corners until my old Maxxis tires showed their lack of grip in comparison to the Hoosier R7 clad Bimmers. Held third for two more laps and then got a little too nuts trying to carry speed through a corner and ended up offroading through two foot high weeds. After a lap of confirming nothing was seriously damaged, got back after it. Pushed hard and in the last three laps a BMW showed up in my mirrors and I realized i was no longer last. On the last lap had to drive 110% and not miss my marks. Having next to no tires out back created a very drift inspired lap. Going into the last turn before the straight I ran a blocking line and managed to hold him off. After the race I had learned that two other cars in class had retired due to mechanical issues and one being hit. So my last lap battle to protect my "5th" place position turned out to be the battle for the last step on the podium. It was the hardest fought and most gratifying 3rd place ever after battling all my problems and driving a wounded car all weekend. May have been the slowest car in class, but the old girl never quit and kept fighting till the end. I think it is time to do my teksid 2v swap and drop some weight off the nose.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Reaction score
Man, I wish I could hand you a cold beer!
I need it. It was a humbling experience knowing that I had no chance of winning but having to complete every lap of both the qualifying race and main race. As a result i now have the overall points lead and some time to do a NPI head swap.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
brakes look good dude! Sorry about the rough day but glad you got to the podium!

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Reaction score
Dropped coin on the second biggest item for the race car. And back to saving mode.
14196127_1735077890091207_7556800490218732514_o.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.