Radio, Heat/ac controls, gauges - let's change it up

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yeah Jeff, where are all those pics you promised. Im thinking about doing this mod and going Double Din Up top....

JDwhite98gt

Reaction score
Hey Dal,
back in high school I had the push button start done to my 98 V6. I bought the push button start from summit or jegs, cant remember and had installed by some little ricer shop because I had no idea what I was doing. Anyway, they installed it to the right of the ignition like this...

h24r.jpg

castine917

Reaction score
after a different kenwood i have a dislike for their decks. looks like many nice features but looks hard to use too.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I loved my Kenwood unit enough to order an identical one as soon as they were discontinued off of eBay. Ended up selling it to my sister for her bug. I love mine.

Justang

Reaction score
What unit do you have duh09? I have the Excelon KDC-X693 and I think that has been discontinued. This is the only audio piece I have EVER bought, but I am very satisfied with it so Kenwood gets thumbs up from me.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
that looks to be a great deck for the $

my wife just ordered it for me for mah Bday. woot!

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
HOLY CRAP it's about time you got this DONE!!!!
freekin slacker!

Check this out :headbang:

Center1.jpg

D41.jpg

D42.jpg

Highly recommend those Klein plyers (red handle) for crimping - everything else sucks and makes for unreliable connections.
D43.jpg

D44.jpg

D45.jpg

D46.jpg

D47.jpg

Big thanks to Steve (canaryGT) for the hook up on the Deck. it is by far the best sounding and nice deck I've owned.
My system is stock (Mach460) and it didn't sound nearly as good with my pioneer as it does now.
I sat in the car and rocked music for about an hour. it's been literally years since it's played anything, and it sounds really good.
I hate crappy or tinny sounding systems and this is very nice, i'm impressed.
Not to mention the bluetooth from my phone and hands free calling is a very nice feature.... I was playing music changing tracks, volume ect from my iphone while in my kitchen!

It's good to see this finally done.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
looks great is your clock still green or is it blue too.
I plan on doing the same thing to my center cluster.

red95r

Reaction score
Is that gauge panel from from Paul? That's what I like about our center consoles you can switch out mostly anything.

Mika

Reaction score
Man that look great, I love the start button.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ya know if you are going to go all the way I would go ahead and just mold those pieces into the new dash piece. It wouldn't be more then some filler, sanding and then paint but would smooth everything out and look alot better. I did something similar when I installed my remote radar into the clock pod. It would even out the differences between the plastic gauge pod and the dash.

Now just get ready for everyone to ask about the engine start button as though it is some magical thing, not sure why everyone is so amazed by them...

Sinned83

Reaction score
looks good. I need to work on getting a new center console before I do any of that.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
CC'S95GT said:
looks great is your clock still green or is it blue too.
I plan on doing the same thing to my center cluster.

Clock is still green. (for now)

red95r said:
Is that gauge panel from from Paul? That's what I like about our center consoles you can switch out mostly anything.

Yes it's the plate from Paul, put in a more excellent position!

Mika said:
Man that look great, I love the start button.

Thanks. that button is really long - like 2.5" or so - i'd like to mount it next to the wheel on the right, below the cluster. there's a big dash brace behind there and I haven't looked at it that hard. want to drill through just need to check out what's behind it. it's on my list!

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ttocs said:
ya know if you are going to go all the way I would go ahead and just mold those pieces into the new dash piece. It wouldn't be more then some filler, sanding and then paint but would smooth everything out and look alot better.
Ya know you read my mind. I'm going to be looking at that very hard in the near future.
I think i can do it and keep the warning lights, just need to find a odometer that can replace the stock one sits where the speedo would be.
have some ideas on that, and with the Nexus controller they would plug right in and be snyc'd up.

ttocs said:
I did something similar when I installed my remote radar into the clock pod. It would even out the differences between the plastic gauge pod and the dash.
would like to see pictures of your clock pod mod. what I'd like to do is have it display the gear the transmission is in.... but no idea how to accomplish that :)

djk83 said:
looks good. I need to work on getting a new center console before I do any of that.

Thanks
jmstang66 said:
love the gauges dal! what ones are they?
thanks JM. they're the Autometer Nexus gauges.

castine917

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
ttocs said:
I did something similar when I installed my remote radar into the clock pod. It would even out the differences between the plastic gauge pod and the dash.
would like to see pictures of your clock pod mod. what I'd like to do is have it display the gear the transmission is in.... but no idea how to accomplish that :)
small trigger switch at each gear position, each wired to corresponding digit in pod.?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Now.. I have to decide if I'm gonna exactly copy what you did jeff or change it up a bit... Hmmm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online

No members online now.