Rear wheel offset

97SuperSixx

Reaction score
I finally got my bbs wheels on my car and noticed that it appears my right wheel sits in alittle bit more than the left. Is this normal?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No that is not normal.
If they're real bbs they should have the specs engraved onto them. Check and make sure the wheels match.

If they do, the problem is with the car, not the wheels.
Did you install the wheels correctly? Are you running spacers? Maybe one side of the car is lower than the other giving you the impression on sits further in?

OP
OP
97SuperSixx

97SuperSixx

Reaction score
They are real bbs rx rims. All are exactly the same and theres no spacers yet. Idk it looks level to me but iguess ill try spacers. Maybe its an illusion

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Actually this could be normal. The live axle on the car isn't necessarily dead center to the body. Mine's not, there's a bit more gap on my right side. For you, what's a little bit? Are we talking an inch or less? If so, I'd say it's normal. Also, when installing my panhard bar, the instructions from MM specifically say to measure the distance between the tire and bottom of the fender arch (horizontally) for this reason, and go on to say that it wouldn't be surprising if the measurements from each side weren't identical. Without knowing your difference, initially, I'd say don't sweat it.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, I think it's normal and you shouldn't sweat it.

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Yeah that's normal. Some cars have more of an off-center rear end than others. One way to correct this is to get adjustable upper control arms.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would flip a ***** over a whole inch lol. I get annoyed if there's more than 1cm of difference in my setup. You guys have alot of tolerance.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It depends. Also, there could be some damage on the torque boxes or the bushings in the RLCA's. Some Mustangs don't come out square to the suspension pick up points. It just depends. Mine's not an inch out, but it's certainly not the same. It can be corrected with things like a pandhard bar or replacement LCA's if there's damage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online