red 96 gt in need of advice

brwillms

Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation where I live. There are lot's of guys with Porsche's, Ferrari's, ZO6s, Lambos,...And yeah they like to make us mustangs look bad, and yeah it gets old. The worst part is with most bolt ons there isn't anyting you can do about it. I actually started my quest for 550 rwhp earlier this year. Let me warn you now. It won't be cheap. The guys chiming in thus far have given some great advice. My first performance mods are my suspension. I've already spent just under $2K on my suspension and haven't gotten anything installed yet. You can get some great advice here. Just be sure to listen and you will get the best bang for the buck (Even though it might seem really expensive at the time). Hopefully, In March I'll be buying a new forged motor. I'm getting ready to order FOX LAKE stage 2 heads, P-51 intake and stage 2 cams. I'll be going with either a Vortech or ATI blower. Good luck on your quest.

powerfreak

Reaction score
tajmas said:
I agree with ThomasW, on the moter, and Powerfreak on the suspension. I inherited my son's '96 GT, after he was murdered 19 monthes ago.

Dammmm...sorry about your son. It's good to see you kept his car and your building it up.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
tajmas said:
I agree with ThomasW, on the moter, and Powerfreak on the suspension. I inherited my son's '96 GT, after he was murdered 19 monthes ago. And have a punch list of his to build. I've been spending alot of time learning, and money trying to complete his dreams. He put a'99GT motor in it, with headers, exhaust, Spec stg3 clutch w/alum. flywh., and Cobra brakes. Now I'm putting in a Tremic 600R trans., carbon fiber driveshaft, Trutrac diff., Moser 31spline axles, and 3:73's. I've also spent about $3500 on a MM suspension, which they assure me will hook-up, and handle like a super car. Then it's up grade the cooling system, forged internals, and finally a KB to top it off. I'm not sure what kind of power I'll get out of this, but I suppose it will exceed 500rwhp, with out everything falling apart. First you have to be able to stop, then you have to get all the power to the ground. Next up grade the drive train to handle all the power. Then you can put the adder on. That's when you can take a $15,000-$18,000 car and put a $60,000-80,000 car to shame. That would be pretty sweet, anyway just my .02

O0 to you man! Take pictures of the car and let us know it is coming along.

tajmas

Reaction score
Thanks I will. Then I have to do his '88GT. Don't know how long I can afford this, but I'll do my best for him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online