Remotes will not program

bmcgc

Reaction score
I have 2 new remotes I bought off ebay.

The module goes into training mode, but the remotes will not program.

When I push a button on the remote to program it, how long does it take until I hear the locks cycle, signaling that the remote is programmed?

Could I have a bad module?

The car came to me with 1 aftermarket remote.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it should happen as soon as you push the buttons. Could be the wrong remote, could be a bad module in the car. Start simple and check all the fuses. Yes I said and mean all of them don't forget the ones under the hood. Don't bother with the manual you can pull and inspect ever fuse in the box in 30-40 secs and then be we can be sure they are all good.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
are yo sure the remotes you bought are not just the remote cover and has no "guts" to it?

OP
OP
B

bmcgc

Reaction score
They are the wrong remotes. The ad specifically stated they were for 97 Mustangs, now the seller has updated the description and they are not compatible with 1997 Mustangs.

I reordered the correct fobs and asked the seller to accept return on these two.

OP
OP
B

bmcgc

Reaction score
The new remotes programmed the first time.

Now it keys. I bought two blanks but cant locate the key code. The only key I received is worn and I dont want to make a copy of a worn key.

I think my only option is to take the glove box lock cylinder to a locksmith and have him disassemble the cylinder and figure out the code.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lock cylinder kits are cheap and easy to replace as an option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the ignition cylinder pulls out a whole lot faster then the glove box. Look on the bottom of the column and you will see a hole towards the middle of the column. Put a pick/small screw driver into the middle of the metal button inside and then just insert your key and turn/pull and you will be holding the cylinder.

Now I would probably go talk to a local locksmith and show him the key and ask if its a big deal first myself

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter