Remove scuffs and swirls in black paint?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Daryl, Oct 14, 2020.

1. MyBoxersSayJoe

MyBoxersSayJoe Active Member

I bought the polishing pads and they all crapped out after the two cars, I wouldn't rule out user error, but oof the combination of their polishes and pads barely did anything. My Lake Country pads with Sonax compounds and polishes have been leaps and bounds better as far as performance and durability so far.

The V10 sealant/quick detailer doesn't survive a wash and it looks streaky/runny when not applied in shade/cool weather. I have a gallon of that stuff just sitting around. Melon Snow Foam smells great and really foams, but does nothing to lift the dirt on it's own, I still up having to use mitts.

2. Daryl

Daryl Active Member

Huh. Glad I didn’t pull the trigger on Chemical Guys. I think I’m going to break in slow and easy (ie, more affordably). Picked up the Meguiars speed clay 2.0 for $20. Will use that in succession as prescribed with: wash (to strip old waxes, etc off); clay bar with some kind of lubricant; rubbing compound with DA machine; finish with simple carnuba wax. Let ya know how it goes!

3. ttocs

ttocs Post Whore

you can use the clay with the wash after you sponge everything off prior to drying.

4. evilcw311

evilcw311 Most Evil Member! SN95 Supporter

Meguiars makes great products. They don’t have all the crazy high end glazes and stuff but for cleaning and waxes they’re top quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tillerman77 and Daryl like this.