remove tree sap???

Drsuce

Reaction score
Methyl hydrate will remove even the worst tree sap with ease... just remeber that it will remove any kind of wax/sealant!

G

GREG@SN95

mygreengt said:
Drsuce said:
Methyl hydrate will remove even the worst tree sap with ease... just remeber that it will remove any kind of wax/sealant!
wtf is that?

Octane booster for one... Its also a nasty solvent used mainly to remove shellac... It will fist fuck your paint I highly recommend you delete any possible idea of using this on your car's paint from your brain as it is one of the most retarded and ridiculous things I've ever read on the internet...

Drsuce

Reaction score
i have never once damaged paint removing tree sap via methyl hydrate. Care to educate me?

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I just removed some Cooked on Tree sap from a customer's car today.... I used CG Degreaser and a Terry Cloth Towel.

Took some rubbing, but it came off. It was too sticky for the claybar to remove.

Yes, the Terry Cloth towel created HARDCORE marring on the paint but a MF towel was not strong enough to handle business. I didnt car about the marring, because the car was getting a 3 stage paint correction after anyways.

JiMi_DRiX

Reaction score
Yyou can use a soapy mit while also using the degreaser, its a little easier on the paint than just straight stuff. But if you're going to 3 stage it afterwards, its not all that big a deal.

Obsessive Detail

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Stoner Tarminator takes off sap with ease, that is all I use for tar and sap.

Obsessive Detail

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Jeez, I've never had sap that didn't come off with just soap and water. Took a bit more working at it, but it usually always came off fo rme.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Try single green straight up with a terry cloth towel.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
How about removing sap or glue like substances from vinyl vert tops? I had some construction adhesive get on my car while at work and it shows on my black top... kind of driving me crazy.

Obsessive Detail

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I would try to find a steamer to get the places off. A steamer will loosen up the glue and it should come off with ease.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
mygreengt said:
duh09 said:
Jeez, I've never had sap that didn't come off with just soap and water. Took a bit more working at it, but it usually always came off fo rme.
its hardcore sap.

Must of came from an alien spaceship's exhaust ports.

JiMi_DRiX

Reaction score
Well? Have you tried to remove yours yet? Or has it burned through the clearcoat and into the metal yet? lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Staff online

Members online