remove tree sap???

JiMi_DRiX

Reaction score
you shouldnt even have to break out the clay, but then again I dont know what kind of sap you have all over it. If you have some huge blobs of it, those are harder to get off. But if its just the tiny dots, they will dissolve with water. The thick stuff is the pain the ass.. body prep solvent works well on those.

Sinned83

Reaction score
I have heard of all kinds of things but if it were me id use the clay instead of harsh chemicals. whatever you use I would wash and wax after.

G

GREG@SN95

clay bar.. If you have a hard time, warm it up a tad with a heat gun or blow dryer if you don't own one...

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you have one of those local do it yourself car washes that has a hot water soap cycle, that should break it up and pressure spray right off.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
just use straight glass cleaner(the strong stuff, spray it on let it sit and slowly it will dissolve it) or alcohol

CompOrangeSN95

Reaction score
try some simple green, not diluted. like duff said, let is sit for a bit, should break down the sap enough to clean it off

G

GREG@SN95

Duff Daddy said:
just use straight glass cleaner(the strong stuff, spray it on let it sit and slowly it will dissolve it) or alcohol

DO NOT DO THAT... This will remove wax and chew up paint...

CompOrangeSN95 said:
try some simple green, not diluted. like duff said, let is sit for a bit, should break down the sap enough to clean it off

THIS IS BAD TOO!

Spent 20 minutes, do it right as opposed to being lazy, and work at it... The results will be much better makin you one happy camper...

Claybar + Heat (if needed)

Also, power washers remove wax rather effortlessly

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
rebelyell said:
Duff Daddy said:

Yea its the point to remove the wax, remove the sap, It will only chew up the paint as much as the sap has gotten in to it. When I detailed about 5 years ago, both toyota and the other professional shop used this method and i never once had any issue with paint being damaged because of the glass cleaner....

G

GREG@SN95

Duff Daddy said:
rebelyell said:
Duff Daddy said:

Yea its the point to remove the wax, remove the sap, It will only chew up the paint as much as the sap has gotten in to it. When I detailed about 5 years ago, both toyota and the other professional shop used this method and i never once had any issue with paint being damaged because of the glass cleaner....

I know... I worked for a few "professional detail" shops... They don't give a shit. They make the car look good in as little time as possible in order to make more money... In just a few weeks to a month or two, you can tell the difference between the "pro" at toyota and someone that actually cares about the paint or the car or the work they do...

You don't want to remove wax and chew up paint... You want to remove the tree sap and only the tree sap... Use a clay bar and spend an extra 10 minutes on it...

JiMi_DRiX

Reaction score
What kind of F'd up trees do you guys have where you live? lol. If its big blogs of it thats dried up hard, you can probably get it wet, let it soak, and knock it off with your thumb nail. A wax, polish, or body prep solvent will take care of the rest. BUT, I have seen where the big blobs of sap have eaten up clear coat.

Sinned83

Reaction score
JiMi_DRiX said:
What kind of F'd up trees do you guys have where you live? lol. If its big blogs of it thats dried up hard, you can probably get it wet, let it soak, and knock it off with your thumb nail. A wax, polish, or body prep solvent will take care of the rest. BUT, I have seen where the big blobs of sap have eaten up clear coat.

Are they big blogs or big blobs?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online