removing cats

Kevin

Reaction score
Get rid of your stock mid pipe! Don't try to ghetto rig your stock one. You can get a nice H pipe for under 200 bux. Also if instil the mid pipe your self I have a few tips for you on them hated manifold bolts. If you do not DD the car get you some 3 in 1 oil (i think it works allot better than WD40 for this type of stuff) and soak the piss out of them. I mean really do it in, wait about an hour or so and do it again. If you can let it sit over night like that. If you still have a hard time with it try to heat up the bolts a bit with a torch. You can get a cheapo at the hardware store for about $25. Heat the bolt your working on up until its red hot and put a breaker bar on it and get a a hard turn. That should get it.

Here's a list of tools you should have

1/2 breaker bar
about 10-15 inch's of extensions
swivel
torch
3 in 1
A good set of 6 point tools. DO NOT I REPETE DO NOT USE 12 POINT TOOLS FOR THIS!!!!!!!

STNG_96

Reaction score
You could always just get a programmer, and not have to worry about mils at all. Lots of programmers these days can correct those codes.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
94-95 Have 4 cats, and aren't obd II, and I just grinded the shields off my stock cats, cut out the metal above the cats, ripped those power robbing sluts out, sealed it up via oxy-acet torch and welding rod, and welded the cats back on. I had the o/r h on but it was too loud, couldn't hear any problems the car could have been having. Much nicer now.

Adam

Reaction score
UPR O/R X is like $149. I bought one used it for 2 years and sold it for $100. Can't complain at all. The weight that your taking off is a huge performance gain in itself.

Adam

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter