Removing Stock Rear LCA's

96GT

Reaction score
What did you guys do to remove the bolt near the mufflers? I was trying to remove them without removing the mufflers...

So I tried to at least break the nut loose and its damn near impossible. I am about to try the torch... :nonono:

OP
OP

96GT

Reaction score
Got it. I used a giant breaker bar and I had to remove the hangers for the mufflers. A real PITA.

Goldmember

Reaction score
I find this helps, with suspension stuff if you have PB Blaster try to spray the bolts once a day for a few days prior to doing the work. PB is great!

S

scarface

I just lowered the exhaust...why not do it the correct way then to try and make it hard on yourself?

OP
OP

96GT

Reaction score
Thunder Dave said:
I just lowered the exhaust...why not do it the correct way then to try and make it hard on yourself?

Its that excitement you get when you install parts, you want it in there in seconds. Never happens that way tho. :hammer:

I ended up lowering the exhaust anyhow. My hangers apparently were never replaced so imagine how long that took. I couldn't find my WD40 and the auto stores close really early on Sunday.

Even then, that bolt was the most bitchin' bolt I have ever removed. And I have built and dismantled engines!!!!

Reaction score
well engines are a cake walk man, lol. its stuff like manifolds bolts and suspension crap that gets weather welded into place that sucks, lol.

OP
OP

96GT

Reaction score
xsoutherngun89x said:
well engines are a cake walk man, lol. its stuff like manifolds bolts and suspension crap that gets weather welded into place that sucks, lol.

Now isn't that the damn truth. Its even worse their rusted.

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
96GT said:
xsoutherngun89x said:

Now isn't that the damn truth. Its even worse their rusted.

they usually end up breaking lol

on my truck where the header bolts to the cats it's literally a rust plate and the heads of the bolts are now circles cause of it haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online