ReplicaR's daily/AutoX build thread Ver. G37S

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Do you know the difference between the G37 and the M37?

M37 is just a larger car, mostly featuring the same mechanical components. It's Infiniti's mid/large sedan offering, one step up from G37 basically. Since the M37 was flagship at the time, it would get a technology refresh much earlier than G series.

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm. I had an ad for a M56 pop up and I took a look, 9.3:1 WtoP ratio, that is fast! So I started to dig, I think you picked a good car to race. I found that the M's have a stiffer chassis but not much detail to really learn, I will have to look at Nissan forums. Anything is better than trying to polish the rear on the SN95 to make it want to turn.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Forget the rear, the whole suspension is just peach. The front end is very sticky on that car. Underneath you basically have a 370z with longer wheel base, and 370z is extremely capable. A little while back, myself and several other members of this forum were doing an amateur autoX, and they all came using their SN95s, and since mine was broken at the time, I came with my G37 on street tires and mostly stock suspension at the moment. I was able to outpace all of the SN95s by a considerable margin, and that was essentially in a completely stock car with just a sway bar change, and slightly wider tires with 340 tw rating. Everyone else was running 200 tw tires, and suspension modifications. I'm sure the driver had something to do with it, since I was more experienced, but the car also chimed in.

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
True, true..I dialed up my rear sway bar 2 holes this morning and went for a drive but too much traffic on the back road twisties to get a good answer.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure the driver had something to do with it, since I was more experienced, but the car also chimed in.

This is all I was thinking as I read your reply. I'm glad you at least mentioned it lol.

Seat time makes a HUGE difference in autox/road racing, as you are well aware. But no doubt the G37 is a great car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online