Rio Red 98 GT Build

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
So then I drove it a little more, had some fuel pump problems, and still had vibration.

Pulled the rear end back out.
425BD0A3-FDF6-45D0-9B83-4F233AF1CCD3.jpeg 1D8E4640-E44E-4323-97EF-3F5BF7143498.jpeg

While under there, I figured it was time to install the fuel system I’ve had for a year now. It’s a sumped 98 tank with an aeromotive external pump. -10 feed and -8 return.

887D9393-A492-46D9-B75D-0DE3B55D9FB6.jpeg A1F1EAA9-0105-4B78-A535-5B08BD871FAD.jpeg F081026A-9CBC-4A72-BCDC-9E1F548FC5B1.jpeg

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Now we are back up to speed. I got caught up building a deck and the car is still sitting with the rear end out. I’m thinking I’ll have it all back together next week.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So the car has a built automatic which is typically more for drag but your running an irs which is typically more for cornering.

Am I missing something or does your car have an identity complex!?!?! [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
So the car has a built automatic which is typically more for drag but your running an irs which is typically more for cornering.

Am I missing something or does your car have an identity complex!?!?! [emoji38]

Nope, my car is just all around bad assness. I’ve done a bunch of drag racing with this irs and never had a problem with it.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, my car is just all around bad assness. I’ve done a bunch of drag racing with this irs and never had a problem with it.

I’ve seen guys drag them a bunch before. Main problem is generally tire hop which is due to the factory rubber bushings. The guys who used Delrin and upgraded everything I’ve seen launch hard on slicks on some pretty serious power. After that it’s the axles that’s are the weak link but only seems to be an issue for the guys around 1k power. The aftermarket axles are FAWKIN expensive!!!!!!!

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
I’ve seen guys drag them a bunch before. Main problem is generally tire hop which is due to the factory rubber bushings. The guys who used Delrin and upgraded everything I’ve seen launch hard on slicks on some pretty serious power. After that it’s the axles that’s are the weak link but only seems to be an issue for the guys around 1k power. The aftermarket axles are FAWKIN expensive!!!!!!!

You ain’t lyin! Those level 5 axles cost more than I’ve got in my engine.

Addicted

Reaction score
We swapped that rear end trying to find a vibration that I’ve got. Did all that, to no avail.
Wow! That's alot of work to do and not find out what it is. What type of vibration, where can you feel it the most t in the car?

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Wow! That's alot of work to do and not find out what it is. What type of vibration, where can you feel it the most t in the car?
The vibration is everywhere in the car and it starts around 40ish mph and gets worse the faster you go. It’s violent at 140 mph. It feels like driveshaft angle but up and down angle is good. I need to check and make sure the k member is square to the rear end to check the left-right driveshaft angle.

Addicted

Reaction score
The vibration is everywhere in the car and it starts around 40ish mph and gets worse the faster you go. It’s violent at 140 mph. It feels like driveshaft angle but up and down angle is good. I need to check and make sure the k member is square to the rear end to check the left-right driveshaft angle.
What you said about all the angles is to the T exactly what 870% for get to do. I know you will definitely get it figured out.

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
What you said about all the angles is to the T exactly what 870% for get to do. I know you will definitely get it figured out.
Yeah, I didn’t even think about side to side alignment. @OLD H2S is the one that suggested I check that.

Which is really dumb on my part. Coming from a transmission shop, I used to check driveline alignment all the time.

Addicted

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn’t even think about side to side alignment. @OLD H2S is the one that suggested I check that.

Which is really dumb on my part. Coming from a transmission shop, I used to check driveline alignment all the time.
I understand, I'm pretty harsh on myself also. When you have alot going on, especially with what your doing, it can be simple to over look something. Ive got mine tore apart also. I sit and think about things I want to do, and how, then write it down. When you spend years collecting parts, it takes a little to get everything just right.

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
I understand, I'm pretty harsh on myself also. When you have alot going on, especially with what your doing, it can be simple to over look something. Ive got mine tore apart also. I sit and think about things I want to do, and how, then write it down. When you spend years collecting parts, it takes a little to get everything just right.
It won’t take you long to get it right. Your attention to detail won’t let you mess up.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I had crazy vibration with mine. Faster the car went, the more violent it got. After jackstanding to watch everything spin, i was lost. One day i rearranged my exhaust setup. Shortened it, changed the exit and added a new mounting location. Vibration magically disappeared!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeanfltns01

Members online