Road Racers, where you at?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Speak up. I wanna see where my people are at? All I see here is drag racing talk.

BigTang

Reaction score
Right here!
Well I used to, even got NASA licensed just need a ride that I can do more than HPDE w/.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
same here, if there was a place to do it I would as well but I think the closet places to me are N.Y and PA and its just not worth it to set the car up for road racing to never be able to do it

mikey94gt

Reaction score
SCCA autoX, some NASA drift, and lots of open track HDPE with NASA. cant wait to get into TT soon, possibly starting a CMC car with a few friends.

Crone

Reaction score
I'd love to get into it, or even autocross but it's kinda expensive. I stick to the country roads, alot cheaper lol. I just ordered some stuff for solo events for the scca, and even for some of the manuals, and rulebook stuff is kinda pricey once it all adds up.

mikey94gt

Reaction score
SCCA is kind of expensive, but road racing is expensive all around. tires, maintenance, entry fees and possible breakage takes alot of dough.

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Yeah, Im broke just from replacing all the brake stuff that I broke last season, not to mention tires and stuff.

MJORDAN

Reaction score
I used to race a fully prepped c-prepared 86gt with a three-link a few years ago. But due to track only driving it got boring only taking it out on race days. So I sold it to a guy in Chicago which is taking it to solo nationals in Nebraska this year.

As of September 08 I now have a 95gt that i've added Koni yellows, cobra brakes, MM panhard and c/c plates, subframes, Eibach pro springs, and rest poly bushings. Next will be rear control arms. Here in WV we have SWVRSCCA.ORG and autocross club I race at and Summit Point in the eastern panhandle. Hopefully i'll get to VIR this year.

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Sounds like a solid setup you have there!! i would love to go tear it up at VIR!!!

I dont wanna make my car a track only car for two reasons. 1. its too nice of a car!!! 2. im afraid of being bored of track only driving with it, and I dont have a truck and trailer anyways.

Conechaser

Reaction score
SCCA AutoX and RallyX (used to club race as well)
NASA Time Trial
Instructor for BMWCCA and Full Throttle Driving Experience

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin

Members online