rpm2 +polyurethane mounts fit under stock hood?

lietuvis91

Reaction score
hey would this work? I got an eddy upper and lower rpm2 intake that I will install next weekend, and I also need motor mounts, so I was wondering if the intake will clear the hood with polyutheranes or do i need to get fox body convertable motor mounts? Anyone tried this before?

ryclef331

Reaction score
I doubt you would need a spacer. It might be close but I doubt it.

916_5.0

Reaction score
Im not sure i have poly mounts and my motor sits up pretty high with them now about half or 3/4 inch from my STB. SO it will be pretty close. Im not sure how high that intake sits up.

Downshift

Reaction score
How much taller is the intake then stock? I just put on a 93 cobra intake and the IAC has dug a slight hole in the hood liner. And like 916-5.0 said the polys will make your engine sit up quite a bit higher. I have seen his in person and can tell you I can only fit my pinky finger in between the STB and his stock intake and im sure you know how short they are. Maybe this is a good excuse for a new hood too haha.

DisturbedRacing

Reaction score
I had the RPMII upper/lower with a one inch spacer to clear FMS tall valve covers. It did not clear my stock hood. I have the poly engine mounts as well. I never tried it without the spacer. For comparison when I got my car it had a Performer intake on it with a 7/16 spacer, it cleared the hood but rubbed it. Your gonna be cutting it pretty close.

OP
OP
L

lietuvis91

Reaction score
ok, so it seems like the intake will clear the hood... maybe, but only with stock mounts. I have the stock heads and stock valve covers and so I should not need a spacer to run this intake. But I do need to keep that in mind as my next mod will be new heads... so I guess just for safety purposes I should install the intake and see how much more space i will have before I get the mounts. I do secretly want a cobra r cervin hood ::) but I'm not sure how much space that hood really gives you underneath.

another myth i heard is that poly mounts increase vibrations, how do you guys feel about them? is it an abnoxiuos increase in virations or is it just enough to make you feel like you have something really bad ass under the hood and you just wanna keep nailling the gas?!

916_5.0

Reaction score
Well when i changed my mounts my stock ones were broken in half when they came off my car so my car vibrated like crazy and when you started it it was really rough. Then i replaced them with another set of stock ones and i must say when those got put on the second i stated my car with themon it was so incredibly smooth i could not belive it. It was so nice, but i ripped one of those in half like a week after i bought them. So i bought the prothane mounts which are massive. And when those got on it was more noticable as far as feeling the motor. Not really any vibrations but you can feel it it when you start it up and all. Nothing i would complain about though. I would say get the polys cause they are so strong and its nice not haveing to worry about them.

OP
OP
L

lietuvis91

Reaction score
Yeah that's the thing, i drive like a complete NUT and so no motor mounts ever hold up to my "daily driving" so I would like to get some that will hold...
I just want to keep a clean stock look, so I want to keep the stock hood. So any chance poly and rpm2 would fit without a spacer? I'm thinking the answer there is no...

ryclef331

Reaction score
It could be tight....you might have to take the liner off and maybe cut or clearance the bottom side of the hood. I say go for it...if anything, you can cut a hole in the bitch like i did with my stocker....you'll get some looks but when you set it sideways in 3rd and the nitrous solenoids are sticking out of the hood, people don't really question it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.