running hot

doc_phibz

Reaction score
95 gt running hot. does not over heat though because fan kicks on and keeps temp in check. car sat up for a while b/c of other issues, now running but is running hot. just put in new radiator and hoses. timing is perfect. motor is solid, compression test done, block test done, oil looks good. before car sat up it ran relatively cool and temp gauge never ran over the "o" on "normal".

not sure why running hot. one thing though is that after I sent the car to the mechanic, they messed with the PCM and the Autologic chip. not sure if the chip had something to do with the air/fuel ratio. now when I try to hook up the chip, no matter what setting, it kills the engine. I just mentioned this because I'm pulling at strings.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
First you need to find out the exact temp it's running at because the guage in the car isn't very accurate.
You might just need to replace both sensors. 1 goes to the computer and the other goes to the guage in the car.

CrystalWhite

Reaction score
How hot does the gauge show it to be running?. My gauge has always been between O and M, but you can't trust those gauges. Just as a check, you can probe your ECT with a voltmeter to see the approximate temperature using this.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thermostat stuck? If it sat for a while, it's possible the thermostat is no longer opening. That will make it run hot for sure.

OP
OP
D

doc_phibz

Reaction score
the gage will rise up to the "A" almost "L" then fan kicks on. I know it not a gauge reading and actually is hot because my lower radiator hose is piping hot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online