School me on supercharging my 95

95opal

Reaction score
Already have an intercooler in the works. But while the engine is apart for head install I would like to swap the cam.

Suggestions are appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kbs work great with most centri blower cams. I would say comp XE274HR or XE258HR.

BigBore96

Reaction score
How are you intercooling it? Cutting the KB for custom boosted pressure out and around instead of down?

BigBore96

Reaction score
I am in for pictures of it once you're done. I've got a buddy that has a 2.1kb cobra that I've been trying to talk into taking the plunge to doing a custom intercooler kit on.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was curious about that when I read it as well. I will need to see pics to see how that would work. Just curious why not just go with another kit that has a intercooler or with meth?

OP
OP
1994stangfan

1994stangfan

Reaction score
6743cb7c2d550c3ee593841efbd003d3.jpg

9bd846c2367ee43640fd810fe214bd9b.jpg

BigBore96

Reaction score
Badass. My early kb knowledge is rusty but how are you running the inlet into the blower pre boost?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That’s basically how the blowers on the supercoupes worked except there’s used a top hat instead of the rear for the inlet

Tight_Budget

Reaction score
Hey there guys,
I registered myself to this forum bc I've had an idea circulating around my mind for quite a while now and need opinions from people who were familiar with the sort of stuff id be dealing w/.
First of all, a friend and I are in search of a fun summer project ccar and we thought you couldn't go wrong with a nice v8 stang. But we noticed that there really aren't many v8 - 5 speed mustangs in our price range (~$2000).
So, we came up with the idea to at first just manual swap a v8 auto, but we thought we would have to leave the v8 stock bc we wouldn't have any $ left over for upgrades.
That led us to shopping on auction salvage sites and the idea that we want to buy a v6 shell and swap a v8 - manual powertrain into it, swapping the wiring harness and all.
We want to do some basic bolt on upgrades to the engine like long tube headers, exhaust, cai, etc.
We've also had some ideas about forced induction (supercharger), and reworking the pulley system for efficiency.
Our goal is to gut the interior and make a fast, potentially dedicated to drag, car.
We have some questions like if we run a supercharger and long tubes we would be pushing a lot of torque so would this the make the stock 5-speed spit out its guts?
Also, please reply or message us about anything you guys want to say, or any concerns, about this whole setup bc we are new to this and need all the help we can get... Thanks

OP
OP
1994stangfan

1994stangfan

Reaction score
Hey there guys,
I registered myself to this forum bc I've had an idea circulating around my mind for quite a while now and need opinions from people who were familiar with the sort of stuff id be dealing w/.
First of all, a friend and I are in search of a fun summer project ccar and we thought you couldn't go wrong with a nice v8 stang. But we noticed that there really aren't many v8 - 5 speed mustangs in our price range (~$2000).
So, we came up with the idea to at first just manual swap a v8 auto, but we thought we would have to leave the v8 stock bc we wouldn't have any $ left over for upgrades.
That led us to shopping on auction salvage sites and the idea that we want to buy a v6 shell and swap a v8 - manual powertrain into it, swapping the wiring harness and all.
We want to do some basic bolt on upgrades to the engine like long tube headers, exhaust, cai, etc.
We've also had some ideas about forced induction (supercharger), and reworking the pulley system for efficiency.
Our goal is to gut the interior and make a fast, potentially dedicated to drag, car.
We have some questions like if we run a supercharger and long tubes we would be pushing a lot of torque so would this the make the stock 5-speed spit out its guts?
Also, please reply or message us about anything you guys want to say, or any concerns, about this whole setup bc we are new to this and need all the help we can get... Thanks

You’re turning into quite the post whore :)

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
tfs1 cam was real popular and is good with SC. I seen that same intercooler set up on corral years back on a fox.. I think he was having a few issues tho I can't recall

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markstang73

Members online