Seafoam?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 98coupe_GT, Mar 14, 2007.

1. 98coupe_GT

98coupe_GT New Member

well ive heard good reviews and stuff about it, and have decided to do it to my car..... but how do you do it, how much do i put in and all that fancy stuff? my car has 55,000mi. on it and has never been seafoamed. is this a good time to do it?

2. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member Admin SN95 Supporter

3. Twista

Twista Legend

You know once you get to the last page of that thread you get a message from Al Gore.
    "You have come to the end of the internet. Please return your cable/dsl modem"

That was lame i know ;D
    (Al gore invented the internet you know..... and thats a big thread about seafoam lol.)

4. 98coupe_GT

98coupe_GT New Member

TYVM!!!

5. Red96GT

Red96GT Legend

I've thinking about using it right before I change my oil next. How much is one can?

6. 98coupe_GT

98coupe_GT New Member

4-7 bucks, depending on where you get it............ where the hell is my PCV pipe? i know a general area, but im retarted sorry! :eek:

7. GDawg

GDawg Well-Known Member

On your passenger side of the engine, there is a "elbow" fitting coming out of the valve cover. The hose coming off of that is it. I can't remember where it goes back into the engine cause my engine is not the same anymore. But disconnect the hose from that elbow and use a small funnel to pour the Seafoam into the hose (going in the direction away from the valve head). Have the engine running, get a flathead screwdriver to prop open the throttle lever a little off of the throttle stop. This will keep your idle running a little higher so your car won't die when you pour it in. Only use half a can and only pour in a little at a time. Once you do that, if I remember correctly, shut off the car for about 10-15 minutes then start it back up and run the hell out of it till the smoke clears.

Good stuff.

8. scarface

scarface Guest

make sure you arent driving in traffic, or you might get a ticket because of the smoke...lol

9. Twista

Twista Legend

Just say you need to change your oil BAD............................ I MEAN VERY BAD. I see tons of cars weekly pouring out smoke from there exhaust :)

10. GDawg

GDawg Well-Known Member

I went down back roads to avoid a ticket. I live on the edge of town anyway.

11. Bluextc

Bluextc Well-Known Member

I hardy got any smoke when I did it. But I did it about a month after I changed the tb and plenum.

12. Black97GT

Black97GT Legend

just did mine again today. All went well with a mediocre smoke show :thumb:

13. Red96GT

Red96GT Legend

I was going to do it but now VertTireSmoke has scared me out of it. I'm looking into the amsoil engine flush. It seems to get good reviews here.

14. 19mustang95

19mustang95 Legend

i lub seafoam. everytime i have time to do it, i forget to bring a straw... :blah2:

15. Red96GT

Red96GT Legend

???

16. 19mustang95

19mustang95 Legend

you use a straw to get the liquid out of the bottle into the hole of the intake..duh....i acutally cut a water bottle in half and put osme seafoam in there and then put a straw in it and then put the other end in the hoel in the intake.

17. Red96GT

Red96GT Legend

:)

18. 19mustang95

19mustang95 Legend

^-^

19. GDawg

GDawg Well-Known Member

Guys...!!! Haven't you ever heard of "funnels"? You can get a small set of about 3 or 4 at the grocery store of various sizes from large to small. That's what I did... bought a set for my car. Maybe $5. I use the smaller one for the PCV hose and I use the larger one for my intercooler reseviour (sp?).

20. SRT Handz

SRT Handz Legend SN95 Supporter