Seat removal - hex bolts won't budge

krazyrabbit

Reaction score
Any suggestions? I got 5 off, but three of them in the back of the seat rail are stuck - the ones with the screw. Sprayed them with WD-40 let them sit. Tried two different drills, not budging.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Try using PB blaster or Gibbs penetrating oil. They work much better than WD-40. Let them soak for a good 20 to 30 min.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have an yeild? Its expensive, but magic.

I've broken a large hex socket on something on my car. Forget what it was but it sucked!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yield?

and be sure someone is holding the nuts on the bottom of the car while you turn the bolt (not sure if nuts are OEM, or added after my sub frame connectors. lol)

OP
OP
krazyrabbit

krazyrabbit

Reaction score
Crap, not budging yet. There are no nuts underneath, here's a pic and one of the screw I was able to remove.

IMG_2269.JPG

IMG_2268.JPG

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Forgive the ignorance, but what's a yeild?

it's new to me too. maybe it's Canadian. idk

Lol, Explain the damn yield Orange 94

yield?

and be sure someone is holding the nuts on the bottom of the car while you turn the bolt (not sure if nuts are OEM, or added after my sub frame connectors. lol)

Yield by chemsearch. My dad has had it forever, he said you can only buy it in 5 gallon bucket and its very expensive!!!

I did a Google search and couldn't find any for sale online, it does look like the make aresol cans now if you can find any.

It's what we use to get bolts off that are corroded. Sometimes works like magic!! We use it very sparingly though.

chris91

Reaction score
Kroil is the shit too. With those bolts I wish you good luck. I snapped one on my car when installing my 01-04 console.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wow they are pretty stubborn. An impact gun would probably work - can you reach the bolt head with one? Also a ratchet with a long breaker bar would probably work as well.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
An impact still might not crack it. More bolts than I can count I've had you hand crack when an impact couldn't.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online