Shifting on nitrous

OP
OP
R

Red1997gt

Reaction score
damn someone had a VERY busy day bending/flaring a total of 5 ft of line.....
Yes it was a blast. I make and replace a bunch of brake lines at work so it wasn’t terrible. Best part was getting it together and installed on the car and getting the feeling something wasn’t right and blowing it all apart to double check.

Buffalo5Spd

Reaction score
I’m just seeing this post. My personal experience with nitrous leads me to think you’re leaking fuel into the intake from the nitrous system. I tested this type of system in the past by keeping the nitrous off and activating the fuel with the micro switch. It will stall the engine if you do it more than a blip. We used this as a verification of fuel BEFORE we ran the engine on nitrous. I can’t stress enough how bad it is if you have nitrous and no additional fuel. You rarely get away without catastrophic damage when it happens on anything but a forged engine.

If you do this test and it does anything more than stumble with a blip you’re probably going to find a solenoid problem on the fuel side. I once had this happen on the nitrous side!

OP
OP
R

Red1997gt

Reaction score
I’m just seeing this post. My personal experience with nitrous leads me to think you’re leaking fuel into the intake from the nitrous system. I tested this type of system in the past by keeping the nitrous off and activating the fuel with the micro switch. It will stall the engine if you do it more than a blip. We used this as a verification of fuel BEFORE we ran the engine on nitrous. I can’t stress enough how bad it is if you have nitrous and no additional fuel. You rarely get away without catastrophic damage when it happens on anything but a forged engine.

If you do this test and it does anything more than stumble with a blip you’re probably going to find a solenoid problem on the fuel side. I once had this happen on the nitrous side!
I’m doing this at idle correct. And if it’s more than a stumble it’s not kicking the solenoids off fast enough? Just doing a dry test everything clicks on and off immediately when WOT switch is engaged and disengaged

Buffalo5Spd

Reaction score
Correct. Idle if you can, but you may have to bring it up to 1200-1500 max. That will keep it from stalling instantly but it’ll definitely bog down. Keep in mind, if you have catalytic converters; doing this repeatedly without getting them hot enough to burn out the raw fuel will eventually spoil the catalyst. I’ve never actually ruined one this way but I’m sure it’s possible.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online