Should I sell or not

Pennywise2

Reaction score
Mbachota97 said:
My car has 122k on it and i have a few mods done to it which are n my sig. Ive been deciding to put some p&p heads on there with either a new bottom end or just a newer stock bottem end and possibly s/c or t/c the car. I would be able to spend 6k maybe 7k to spend if i keep. Im thinking about selling and just buying a car thats already been modified instead of doing it myself. Im just really confused on what to do.Also my main goal is really getting 500hp but it doesnt have to happen yet but i would just like to get a 12 sec car atleast if i keep it. Please any suggestions on what to do. Thanks
My 96 GT started getting more and more problems after the mileage started going up.
I wouldn't invest any money into a high mileage car like yours because it is a bad investment.I would seriously trade your 122K mile car for a newer Subaru WRX or STI.
Subaru's are just more reliable and dependable in my experience.
The best of luck with your choice.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Pennywise2 said:
My 96 GT started getting more and more problems after the mileage started going up.
I wouldn't invest any money into a high mileage car like yours because it is a bad investment.I would seriously trade your 122K mile car for a newer Subaru WRX or STI.

how many subarus have you owned? Subaru is not know for there reliability, and to say high mileage cars are bad investments, then why are do you see old foxes with new or rebuilt motors so much? You think they all have low mileage bodies.....your points are quite invalid, since putting money into a car period is a bad investment since unless it is a extremely rare car, you will lose money....take you for example, you are putting in a $31K turbo kit into your STI and you wont see any of that back if you sell your car.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
DFG_Ownz said:
a stick block wont support 500 horses

I've heard they will handle 600+ but the internals go out way before that. idk

as far as whether or not to keep your car. I would do a compression check. If it is still good, do some serious thinking about what you want out of the car. If the compression test is not good, I would probably sell it or just keep it stock. No matter what you put into it moneywise, you aren't going to get nearly as much out of it.

Good luck. O0

OP
OP
M

Mbachota97

Reaction score
yeah i really dont believe that the internals will hold even if it had all the right tuning. As for buying a subaru i personally wouldnt no offense pennywise but the wrx and the sti is another car im going after to blow their doors off. I like american muscle especially ford and thats why i choose to build my car or get another mustang already built. As for if the shortblock is bad i just planned on pulling my motor out and replacing it with a pi motor possible b/c its cheaper to change out motors than just do a head swap if my bottom end is good. I know i wont be able to get what i put in but you still do the things you love even if you watse alot of money doing it, its just how it works.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
since you plan on going FI, either build a forged motor to make low compression if you really want 500+...or you can get a PI motor and live with 400.

S

scarface

31k turbo kit??? I hope thats a typo. I had a FP green for my sti,and it only cost 1500 for everything?

S

scarface

DFG_Ownz said:
since you plan on going FI, either build a forged motor to make low compression if you really want 500+...or you can get a PI motor and live with 400.
Why does he need to go Pi to get 400?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
DFG_Ownz said:
Why does he need to go Pi to get 400?

im not saying he has to, im just saying that instead of doing a PI swap, to just put in a PI motor to have the lower compression.

OP
OP
M

Mbachota97

Reaction score
I found a pi motor and stick trans together but it will cost me 2000 in labor and what do yall know when they started putting the t3650 in the mustangs b/c the motor is 2003 and i was wondering if they just did it in 2004.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
DFG_Ownz said:
Pennywise2 said:

how many subarus have you owned? Subaru is not know for there reliability, and to say high mileage cars are bad investments, then why are do you see old foxes with new or rebuilt motors so much? You think they all have low mileage bodies.....your points are quite invalid, since putting money into a car period is a bad investment since unless it is a extremely rare car, you will lose money....take you for example, you are putting in a $31K turbo kit into your STI and you wont see any of that back if you sell your car.
My points are very valid and you are dead wrong.I am also entitled to my
own opnion too.Yes, all cars do lose their value over the years but,Subaru
is one of the top five automakers to hold their value over the years and Ford isn't and never will be.If I do decided to sell my STI after installing my turbo kit I will see
a percent of the turbo kit and the value of the car.I don't think I will sell my STI for a longtime because I am a Subaru Master Tech and I can work on the car myself.I honestly do like mustangs even though my 96 GT was a total lemon with nothing but problems and
I would just not buy a Ford ever again that's just my opnion though.Subaru is known
for their reliability I should know because I work on them five days a week.Subaru's
reliability is right next to Toyota,Nissan,and Honda like it or not.I have owned four
Subaru's and never had one issue with them other than having to do regular maintenance
witch is normal.Also my 95 Subaru Legacy lasted 305K miles before my engine needed
a rebuild.You people better have respect for DropTop and this forum if you want to
be a member here or I will see to it that you get banned forever and have your IP banned also.Play nice people I highly subjest it!

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Pennywise2 said:
DFG_Ownz said:
Pennywise2 said:

My points are very valid and you are dead wrong.I am also entitled to my
own opnion too.Yes, all cars do lose their value over the years but,Subaru
is one of the top five automakers to hold their value over the years and Ford isn't and never will be.If I do decided to sell my STI after installing my turbo kit I will see
a percent of the turbo kit and the value of the car.I don't think I will sell my STI for a longtime because I am a Subaru Master Tech and I can work on the car myself.I honestly do like mustangs even though my 96 GT was a total lemon with nothing but problems and
I would just not buy a Ford ever again that's just my opnion though.Subaru is known
for their reliability I should know because I work on them five days a week.Subaru's
reliability is right next to Toyota,Nissan,and Honda like it or not.I have owned four
Subaru's and never had one issue with them other than having to do regular maintenance
witch is normal.Also my 95 Subaru Legacy lasted 305K miles before my engine needed
a rebuild.You people better have respect for DropTop and this forum if you want to
be a member here or I will see to it that you get banned forever and have your IP banned also.Play nice people I highly subjest it!

???

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Pennywise2 said:
You people better have respect for DropTop and this forum if you want to

get banned for what? i did nothing wrong...im not the one downing everyone's choices by substituting what i have done to my car as being the best..and im not just talking about how you think subaru is better than ford. almost every reply i have read from you is negative about the OP's question. And try and get me banned forever, unless you are droptop's brother i highly doubt its gonna happen.

and i know of many fords that have reached well over 200K miles without any major work....and yes some of them have been mustangs

Whistler98

Reaction score
My Explorer currently has 211,000 miles on it and not only runs great but is all original except for an alternator and fuel pump. I have hammered the hell out of it had it in water up over the head lites and jumped it twice while offroading the thing just keeps on going! My Mustang has 94,000 with a blower and runs great. I also have a buddie with a fox and his car has over 200,000 and it runs great!

Whistler98

Reaction score
I could by a new car for 31k or I could put another 10k in my car and be faster than any car you could buy under $100,000 dollars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online