show off your motorcycles!

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from the track, ran a best of 8.775 at 123mph on my ZX6R. Could not get off the line to save my life, no matter what I would try and do, instinct would kick in and I'd let off the clutch too hard on every launch and bog, even killed it the last two times. Fun times though.

kb1982

Reaction score
Just got back from the track, ran a best of 8.775 at 123mph on my ZX6R. Could not get off the line to save my life, no matter what I would try and do, instinct would kick in and I'd let off the clutch too hard on every launch and bog, even killed it the last two times. Fun times though.

I used to run my piped only 04 GSXR 1000 alot several years ago. The best I ever managed was 7.00 @ 117 in the 1/8. Unless you are stretched and lowered, getting a bike out of the hole is a bear. Got to learn to slip the clutch, and if it still bogs add more rpm. Before the second staging beam is lit, have the clutch released to the point there isnt slack left. I like to light the prestage beams first for this reason. Once in motion. get your right foot up as fast as possible to cover the rear brake in case it starts to come back over on you. Ive saved the bike several times around the 3 o clock position doing that, but be forewarned, the family jewls will take a beating slamming it back down that way. It will take alot of launches to perfect.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I used to run my piped only 04 GSXR 1000 alot several years ago. The best I ever managed was 7.00 @ 117 in the 1/8. Unless you are stretched and lowered, getting a bike out of the hole is a bear. Got to learn to slip the clutch, and if it still bogs add more rpm. Before the second staging beam is lit, have the clutch released to the point there isnt slack left. I like to light the prestage beams first for this reason. Once in motion. get your right foot up as fast as possible to cover the rear brake in case it starts to come back over on you. Ive saved the bike several times around the 3 o clock position doing that, but be forewarned, the family jewls will take a beating slamming it back down that way. It will take alot of launches to perfect.

That's what I was trying to do. I'd stage at around 10k, holding the clutch where it would hold the bike without using the brake. But when light would go green, it would come up and instead of using the rear brake or clutch to ease it back down, I'd let off the throttle and it would bog. On my good run, I managed to blip it back up and ease out slower on the clutch and got it moving decently but at this point I was already behind.

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Getting older sucks...I gained too much weight over the years and reflexes are not as smooth as they used to be...I could only wish I could go back 20 years and redo some races as a privateer AMA racer..If only I knew what I know now!! So I gave up the road racing and do small Drag at Milan dragway with my old 1000.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That is a clean bike, looks sweet with the Mustang too.

I'm getting ready for spring again, dusted off my supermoto project and finally making some headway on it. 2001 Husaberg frame, 91 KTM 540 2T motor, waiting on tax refund to get here for some 17's. Hopefully I can get it fully legal but either way, it ought to be a hoot to ride. Hoping I can get some money saved up after selling the ZX6R to get another Z1000 or something along those lines. Warm weather is getting here fast!

1964941_10203677170629778_7269848640064701795_n.jpg

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
here's my Daytona, picked it up late last summer.

0928141539b.jpg~original

0928141537.jpg~original
First Bike? Thats bad ass..I had a buddy that had that same bike..And let me tell you..Those British bikes is so advanced..Just like the Italians Bikes..You really can take that bike to a new Road course and do some damage..Bone stock!!

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
First Bike? Thats bad ass..I had a buddy that had that same bike..And let me tell you..Those British bikes is so advanced..Just like the Italians Bikes..You really can take that bike to a new Road course and do some damage..Bone stock!!

thanks man, yes it's my first bike. I have nothing to compare it to but I really like it. I've heard they are quite good in the twisties but I'm still getting used to it so I haven't pushed it in the corners at all. I found it by accident on Craigslist and had to have it.

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
thanks man, yes it's my first bike. I have nothing to compare it to but I really like it. I've heard they are quite good in the twisties but I'm still getting used to it so I haven't pushed it in the corners at all. I found it by accident on Craigslist and had to have it.
Let me tell you bro..Take your time ..Not because its your first bike..But the time it take to really get to know your bike. The more you push it..The more its going to surprise you...You rather expect the surprise vs not see the surprise coming ;). And after 20yrs of riding ..I really have seen it all..The good and the bad.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Let me tell you bro..Take your time ..Not because its your first bike..But the time it take to really get to know your bike. The more you push it..The more its going to surprise you...You rather expect the surprise vs not see the surprise coming ;). And after 20yrs of riding ..I really have seen it all..The good and the bad.

I believe you. I'm not comfortable leaning it over far at all. I'm just taking it slow and hopefully it will come over time. I'm too scared to push it.

Rear fender kit and you're golden Onyx, damn that's a fresh bike.

thanks bro. it's funny, the rear fender is always the first thing everyone mentions. That is on the to do list, I'm just not sure if i want to get the entire delete and mount the plate somewhere else, or if i want to do the tidy tail just to clean it up a bit. I really like the look of the fender totally gone but it would take a lil more customizing.

OP
OP
twovalveterror

twovalveterror

Reaction score
I love any bike with an undertail, but that bike holds a special place in my heart. that color too!

I'd get rid of the fender and put my plate vertically off the rear axle. that's how I have mine, not sure if it's legal in your state though.

that supermoto looks like a hoot too!

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I love any bike with an undertail, but that bike holds a special place in my heart. that color too!

I'd get rid of the fender and put my plate vertically off the rear axle. that's how I have mine, not sure if it's legal in your state though.

Thanks man, I love the color too. The undertail was a huge draw for me, I was looking at CBRs and Ninjas for that alone and when I stumbled upon this one I was like o_O Why the special place for it?

I have seen bikes around with the plate vertical by the rear tire, how does that mount? I'm not sure if it's legal per se but I know it need to have a light on the plate for it to be legal.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
LOVE the Daytona Onyx. Had a hard time choosing between a bike identical to yours and my 03 Z1000 when I was picking out my first bike. Ended up with the Z as I prefer the more upright stance on the naked bikes but I'm still drawn to those Triumphs.

I had my plate mounted off the swingarm too and knocked it off in a corner on my Z1000. They usually just have a bracket that goes under the nut on the rear axle. Simple. I ended up mounting mine back under the bike screwed into basically the back of the old filter housing. With the tag mounted there, small LED bars hidden for turn signals and the taillight blacked out, I really REALLY loved the ass end of my bike. But that'll be hard to do with your undertail exhaust.

Before, with side tag
250a5ae6619f11e2912322000a1f933e_7.jpg

And after, while waiting on my new tag to come in. You can see the holes that were drilled under the 129slayer sticker. The LED turn bar were tucked up on either side in the gap beside the tag. Seems sketchy but actually work very well and was surprisingly visible.
86368c32aa0f11e2a7ed22000a1f8f24_7.jpg

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
thanks man. Yeah it's definitely not the most comfortable riding position but I've always liked the sport bikes and decided if I was going to get a bike it would have to be one of them. Also the naked look is different, some bikes pull it off better than others for sure.

Thanks for the plate examples. I think I'd rather mount the plate up under the exhaust/seat area rather than sideways on the axle, I think it would just look cleaner. Once I get it out in the spring I'll see if i can't fabricate something with a little LED on it. should be clean. I need an exhaust too, and some flush mount front signals.

also the dual pipes on your bike looks badass, that's my second favorite layout.

OP
OP
twovalveterror

twovalveterror

Reaction score
I have seen bikes around with the plate vertical by the rear tire, how does that mount? I'm not sure if it's legal per se but I know it need to have a light on the plate for it to be legal.

you can kind of see it there. my undertail kit is so clean I could never justify changing it. until a cop says something anyways!

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
That's the key with the cops and the plate like that.. After I got a ticket before.. For having my plate like that.. He said as long as I add a light source to it.. So they can see it at night.. Was the key!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online