show off your motorcycles!

kb1982

Reaction score
a car that can beat a comparable bike would be an ariel atom, a formula car, or something else with lots of downforce or little weight. I've only been riding a little over a year and a half and I can take my gixxer just as fast as my mustang (w/ irs) in most places, and it will absolutely dust any car on the road on a short strait. you chasing down guys on canyon roads can be explained by a few things, they're not trying as hard, they're inexperienced, or they just know their limits. pushing a car on a canyon road is way different than pushing you're bike. doesn't make the car faster.

The Ariel Atom has recieved alot of press attention. I wonder why KTM's Crossbow never recieved the same amount of attention when it was released.
2011-ktm-x-bow-r-01 by benningfield_19k, on Flickr

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have run on some really hard roads, and I can outrun pretty much any rider besides a pro on a canyon road.

Its just the physics of things. A car has 4 wheels and MUCH more grip. That means it can turn harder and brake harder.

dude you're wrong. Of course a car has 4 wheels but it has WAYYYY more weight as well, and the extra tires and brakes does not overcome the extra weight a car has. That would be like saying your Mustang is faster than a bike because it has a bigger engine or a supercharger, it's irrelevant. a good rider on a bike would WAIL on most cars.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you Ryan.... I couldnt agree more.

500 pounds with 100 HP... or 3500 pounds with 300 HP. hm.

OP
OP
twovalveterror

twovalveterror

Reaction score
I think the krossbow was significantly more money. I liked it equally, if not more, but I don't think it was shooting for the same market.

Handz

Reaction score
dude you're wrong. Of course a car has 4 wheels but it has WAYYYY more weight as well, and the extra tires and brakes does not overcome the extra weight a car has. That would be like saying your Mustang is faster than a bike because it has a bigger engine or a supercharger, it's irrelevant. a good rider on a bike would WAIL on most cars.

Doesnt really matter what you "Think"... I ride a bike and drive cars, so i "Know".

Handz

Reaction score
Let me prove my point....

The Nurburgring is not a race track, its a toll road that people race on.

The fastest production street motorcycle lap on the ring is.....
Yamaha YZF-R1 at 7:10.0

The 2015 Nissan GT-R Nismo (Production Street car) does the ring in 7:08.69.

So with a street car vs street bike with professional drivers, the car is faster....and the GTR wasnt even the fastest production car on the ring because the Radical SR8 LM does it in 6:48 seconds which is WAY faster than the bike.

source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nürburgring_Nordschleife_lap_times

If anyone wants to prove me wrong, go ahead.... but numbers dont lie.

kb1982

Reaction score
Thank you Ryan.... I couldnt agree more.

500 pounds with 100 HP... or 3500 pounds with 300 HP. hm.

Try 450ish wet weight with 190 hp at the motor. The BMW, ZX 1400, and the Hayabusa crank out a little more.

the.greg

Reaction score
Let me prove my point....

The Nurburgring is not a race track, its a toll road that people race on.

The fastest production street motorcycle lap on the ring is.....
Yamaha YZF-R1 at 7:10.0

The 2015 Nissan GT-R Nismo (Production Street car) does the ring in 7:08.69.

So with a street car vs street bike with professional drivers, the car is faster....and the GTR wasnt even the fastest production car on the ring because the Radical SR8 LM does it in 6:48 seconds which is WAY faster than the bike.

source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nürburgring_Nordschleife_lap_times

If anyone wants to prove me wrong, go ahead.... but numbers dont lie.

So you are attempting to prove your point about your sn95 beating street bikes in canyon runs based on a GTR vs YZF-R1 times at the Nurburgring??

And that GTR is a whole 1.5 seconds quicker on a 7:00ish track! LMAO come back to reality.

Nurburgring is vastly different from the "canyon racing" you claim to beat bikes on with your sn95. Not comparable.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Handz stick to your detailing. 'Ring times are not standardized but regardless most super cars come in slower than the R1 on the 'ring and all of which would wipe the floor with your GT in the canyons or on a race track. So as i said before MOST cars would not be able to keep up with a bike, certainly not your car.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Doesnt really matter what you "Think"... I ride a bike and drive cars, so i "Know".

HAAAAAAA!! You've been riding a little over a month, don't get carried away. Let's see those 2" chicken strips.

I notice you made no rebuttal to the Isle of Mann track records, which is actual publicly driven roads, not a track. Bikes are faster around it. "Numbers don't lie"

Handz

Reaction score
I like how I show my proof with numbers and actually sources, yet there are people in here who dont even ride motorcycles acting like they "Know" things.

The nurgurgring is the standard on which performance cars and bikes are measured. Even on the isle of man, if you placed a high end car and a high end end, the car will win.

And since we are only comparing the R1 and you guy are say "Most cars are slow".....when in reality you are wrong.... someone of the guys in here need to remember that "Most Bikes" are not R1s.....Most bike are 250cc or 300cc 2 cylinder bikes....or harley davidson bikes. So if you wanna compare a slow much to most bikes which are 250, the car will win.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I like how I show my proof with numbers and actually sources, yet there are people in here who dont even ride motorcycles acting like they "Know" things.

The nurgurgring is the standard on which performance cars and bikes are measured. Even on the isle of man, if you placed a high end car and a high end end, the car will win.

And since we are only comparing the R1 and you guy are say "Most cars are slow".....when in reality you are wrong.... someone of the guys in here need to remember that "Most Bikes" are not R1s.....Most bike are 250cc or 300cc 2 cylinder bikes....or harley davidson bikes. So if you wanna compare a slow much to most bikes which are 250, the car will win.

The ignorance of Handz has returned in full swing guys!

I ride bikes. I drive cars. I've had both. In fact, I continue to own both.

I posted times for Isle of Mann. The current lap record for a production car is set by a 2015 STI and it's around the 19min mark. Current lap record for a production bike is around the 17min mark. Here's your needed sources from a quick google search.
Bike lap times- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Man_TT
Car lap time- http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...higgins-set-new-isle-of-man-tt-car-lap-record

The Isle of Man is a much more realistic set of conditions for doing a street comparison than a race track, which you are NOT driving on. The biggest problem with your argument is you're trying to pit the bike against exotic supercars, which YOUR MUSTANG, is NOT. This argument isn't whether or not the best car in the world is faster than the best bike. The argument also isn't taking the average of all the bikes out there (which you seem to think are Harley's and 250cc bikes) and pitting it against your car. The argument is whether or not YOUR CAR is faster than most bikes on a canyon road. Sure, you're probably faster than cruisers in the corners and you're right, you're probably faster than the 250-300s that top out at like 80, but those bikes do NOT make up the majority of the bikes hitting canyon roads. Your car is not going to outhandle and outrun a halfway modern 600cc-1000cc sportbike on a canyon road.

Handz

Reaction score
If you think that 250s and 300s top out at 80mph, you simply know nothing about motorcycles.

Also, your links were worthless and it showed 1 car time and ZERO production bike times. That link was not for a stock WRX..... that was just a retarded post on your part.

At least if you are gonna state claims, at least use FACTS and not random claims. I could tell you probably didnt do well when researching in college.

So far I have been the only one to show FACTS on production cars and production bikes on the same road, times, with pro drivers.....

Got anymore rebuttals?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
look at all our OGs... like it's 2008 again... :-D

I've missed your voo-doo tech handz.

chris91

Reaction score
Wait.... You talk about research in college and you use Wikipedia as a source. That's hilarious.....

OP
OP
twovalveterror

twovalveterror

Reaction score
what the **** happened in this thread?

mods, I don't care that handz is back, but this is a thread about posting pictures of bikes, and we've two pages of bullshit. keep him on the site if you want to, but get him the **** out of here.

Handz

Reaction score
The minute i start posting facts, the haters start crying. Dont get mad when you lose an internet argument.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You're right, I spoke too fast when talking about 250-300cc bikes. They top out around 100, I looked it up just so you could win at least one slice of this argument. And you're also correct in that besides quick google searchs, I don't spend much time "researching" for e-arguments with people like you.

But for arguments sake:
TT Superstock is allowed some small mods on production but nothing crazy over a stock- mostly safety stuff and I think exhaust and little tricks like that. Similar to what you would find running up and down the street. Time for that class on Isle of Man is 17:15 on a CBR1000RR
The Subie had similar basic mods for safety. 19 and change.
Both production vehicles. Both basic mods, besides the rollcage on the Subie, nothing you wouldn't find on perhaps a canyon road.
Same course, same mix of driven roads. Bike was 2 mins faster.

The core argument remains that your particular Mustang will not be faster on canyon roads than most bikes running up and down the same road. Throw numbers out about the 'ring all you want and show me countless videos of Ferrari's and MV Agusta's racing, I don't care. Different conditions will always provide different results but the fact remains that your car simply will not be as fast as most bikes on the street. Any real rider will agree.

In other new's, got the ZX6R all buttoned up for my first trip to the drag strip tomorrow night.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
So Handz is bragging about keeping up with 250s and Harleys in the canyons? now it makes sense. I thought it was pretty obvious we were talking about 600cc+ sport bikes, silly me.

Handz

Reaction score
So Handz is bragging about keeping up with 250s and Harleys in the canyons? now it makes sense. I thought it was pretty obvious we were talking about 600cc+ sport bikes, silly me.

Them new Honda 300s are fast and get like 60mpg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online