Signs of bad injectors?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Still trying to diagnose whats wrong with my car. Haven't had a chance to check the fuel pump pressure yet. Still being told that it's probably the torque converter. I had an issue earlier this year with a leaking o-ring on one or two injectors, mechanic said the car was running on 7 cylinders. Car was pinging bad at regular accel and WOT, just running weird and felt like it had no power. Injector was replaced and the car was back to running like a top. Now that I have longtubes, x, no cats etc I notice the fuel smell can be quite strong at times. Could the source possibly be bad injectors or maybe they're worn out? They've never been replaced, except one. Other than that they're factory 19lbers with about 55k on them. Should I look into getting a set of new injectors?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
run bkk44 cleaner through your next tank (fill with premium) -- then once that tank is empty, replace fuel filter.

188slo50

Reaction score
Just get them flowed/rebuilt, its way cheaper than replacing them.

RichV

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I've never had an injector 'go out' or fail. The only time I've seen an injector issue was when a buddy bought a Mustang that sat for like 8 years without being run. The fuel varnished and clogged everything in the fuel system.

Not to say it can't happen, but I'll say ... unlikely.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
same hear. closest thing i've had was failing emissions, ran bbk44 through it (or bg44 or bbk44 whatever the **** its called) and it passed emissions next attempt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online