skippage..............

93beast

Reaction score
ok without going into crazy detail looking for some help bout my car with a skip ok first start of the day car runs pretty good small skip not noticeable as the car reaches normal temp or drive the car shut it off restart and its now a horrible skip first changed plugs no change then moved onto dizzy cap then coil still nothing someone told me to check wires at night and there she blows sparking like a mother out of the tip of boot changed wires and nothing still sparking out of tip of wires at plug ?????????? now what bad set of plug wires?????

RichV

Reaction score
Maybe go into some detail like what model, engine, trans.

And I have no clue as to what your issue is. WTF is skippage?

RichV

Reaction score
Did you change the wires? What did you set the gaps to? What plugs did you get?

How did the plugs look when you changed them?

OP
OP

93beast

Reaction score
Omni spark wires motor craft plugs the previous ones looked ok little white on the tip nothing crazy car has been sitting for five or six years with the occasional crank and drive

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
You definately could have a bad plug wire or 2 If the new ones are arching out of the boots too.

RichV

Reaction score
Did you set the gaps?

What about the cap/rotor? Also, did you use the HO firing order when you put the wires in?

I had a 79 5.0 a long time ago that had a miss. Turned out the PO set the firing order to a HO when it was not a HO motor. Went away after I set the plug wires correct.

OP
OP

93beast

Reaction score
gap set at 44 did not replace rotor just cap and put wire for wire unless the person before did not put the order right working 8 12hr. days straight so time is limited just seeing if you knew something I didn't thanks for all your input thus far

OP
OP

93beast

Reaction score
finally got it to pull a code p0001 Fuel Volume Regulator Control Circuit/Open ? anyone ever get this ????

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
you should only be getting 3 digit codes out of a 94gt.
Where did you read the codes from?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Orielly's
Not what parts house. Where on the car? OBD2 port under the dash? WRONG. 94/95 GT's are still OBD1 and must be read from under the hood.
You can pull them yourself with a paperclip. the procedure is in your Haynes/Chilton manual

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online