Smoked or unsmoked?

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Me neither but I try to embrace things I don't like, I didn't like black cars either.

I don't really understand the point or desire to make it harder for someone to see you braking or to see you at night with your tail lights on. (I guess I'm just getting too old to be hip and cool like that any more.) Not to mention, the legality of it is always subject to debate. Altering a vehicles lighting equipment from OEM can easily make it fail DOT regulations and CFRs. In fact many after market lighting devices, and tints will say "for off-road use" or "exhibition use only" in minuscule print right on the box.

OP
OP
S

Sinned83

Reaction score
You're right dude but these are really lightly tinted. I have the originals still

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I'm a fan of smoked tails but I won't even dream of tinting mine because of cops, or getting rear ended they can blame the tinted lights. They look good, but I feel like unsmoked looks cleaner, so many mustangs have smoked lights.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I like new edge cars to have at least a light smoke going on, without it on a dark colored car it's just a big block of red. Atleast on 94-98 cars you can paint the bezels and leave the lights red and they don't stand out nearly as much. Just my opinion.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Smoke them biitches! Looks more sinister.... If I scrolled through the law books before modding a car I'd be stock height and quietly bored to tears with cars!

JKady

Reaction score
I don't really understand the point or desire to make it harder for someone to see you braking or to see you at night with your tail lights on. (I guess I'm just getting too old to be hip and cool like that any more.) Not to mention, the legality of it is always subject to debate. Altering a vehicles lighting equipment from OEM can easily make it fail DOT regulations and CFRs. In fact many after market lighting devices, and tints will say "for off-road use" or "exhibition use only" in minuscule print right on the box.

Pretty much exactly my feeling on it. I know for a fact it's illegal where I'm from. Well, that and the whole "murdered out" thing has never really been my taste.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Pretty much exactly my feeling on it. I know for a fact it's illegal where I'm from. Well, that and the whole "murdered out" thing has never really been my taste.

murdered out? lmao....it's tail lights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online