SN95 LED Gauge Cluster

scott5

Reaction score
Re: HOW TO: SN95 LED Gauge Cluster

To answer everyones question about if they will turn blue on the black faced gauges.. i have an answer and its YES, it will change to blue, i just did it on my 95 gt and it worked, still have not got to the HVAC systems yet, but the speedo and everything work.

brwillms

Reaction score

scott5

Guess I should have added that I did my black faces gauges about 6 months ago and I can confirm they are now blue. Sorry didn't realize that was what was being questioned. They actually look really good.

scott5

Reaction score

brwillms said:
scott5

Guess I should have added that I did my black faces gauges about 6 months ago and I can confirm they are now blue. Sorry didn't realize that was what was being questioned. They actually look really good.

no biggie, i was doing it anyways so i figure i would just clear it up.. Is your clock still green?

brwillms

Reaction score

Yeah,

I have a friend who is a EE looking into finding the right parts. It may take a while.

916_5.0

Reaction score

Ok just wondering what the verdict is so if we have stock GT gauges and we place white LEDs in them they will turn blue? Same with the HVAC? Or will they stay green but be brighter?

scott5

Reaction score

916_5.0 said:
Ok just wondering what the verdict is so if we have stock GT gauges and we place white LEDs in them they will turn blue? Same with the HVAC? Or will they stay green but be brighter?

I do not know about the HVAC yet but am doing it right now and will post up the answer in about 30 mins. But to answer your question about the black face gauges is YES they will turn blue, once i get the hvac setup i will post up pics.

916_5.0

Reaction score

Ok sweet, does anyone know any stores that might carry LED bulbs, instead of ordering online, i really want to do this and am anxious and dont want to wait for shipping lol :hammer:

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score

Guys trey hit this right square on the head. Get white led bulbs. The reason the guage cluster is green from the factory is the halogen bulbs arent bright enough to emit a white light. More yellowish thus yellow + blue = green.

i remember doing this along time ago. i loved it

IMG_0169.jpg

without the plastic bezel over everything
theres the proof. White light thru stock guages = blue

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

NOTE: The Pillar guages are blue bulbs

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score

suscribing...........

916_5.0

Reaction score

OK i just wanted to make sure they would look blue before i rip all that apart. Looks clean though im still debating on getting the reverse glow form UPR but if i do this it would save me money and look cool too

scott5

Reaction score

the HVACs also turned blue.. Just waiting for my cd/dvd player to come in and it will be set to go!

916_5.0

Reaction score

This is kinda off topic but does anyone know how to change the color off the needles or if we can buy different colored ones?

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score

916_5.0 said:
This is kinda off topic but does anyone know how to change the color off the needles or if we can buy different colored ones?

i think you will have to change the needles :dunno:

916_5.0

Reaction score

Thats what i was afraid of. ANyone know where we can buy the needles?

White_5.0_GT

Reaction score

nice thread trey...i'll be doing this asap...but, i have a autometer water temp gauge that shines green...anyone know how to change that to blue so they would match?? do i just order a blue LED or what

cntchds

Reaction score

916_5.0 said:
Thats what i was afraid of. ANyone know where we can buy the needles?

Interesting. I'm just curious as to what color you would swap them for? Orange seems to set off very nicely with the blue background. The contrast makes it very easy to see.

brwillms

Reaction score

You might try finding needles off a vehicle you like and buying a used GT cluster and then runnig a little experiment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online