Want To Buy SN95 Roller

Royal96

Reaction score
I am on the lookout for an early SN95 (94-98) roller.

Preferences:
  • 96-97 GT > 98 GT > 94/95 GT or any 94-98 V6
  • At least 99% rust free. Minor underbody surface rust is fine, but please nothing major on the frame. That's why I'm here.
  • Convertible or coupe
  • Less than perfect paint/Needs paint (I already have paint that was intended for my current car. Don't really want to waste paint, but don't really want to kill a good paint job either)
  • Clean title
  • Relatively low miles ( < 150k ) preferred, but if the body is straight and the car is rust free, I'm willing to look past mileage.
  • Preferably a 5 speed car, though not at all a necessity.
  • Located in the Eastern or Eastern Central US.

Please keep in mind that I am not looking for an expensive roller here. No built drag cars with a bunch of expensive suspension bits and major fuel upgrades etc. Just maybe something that blew a motor that you're looking to get off your hands.

While I'm obviously willing to pay more for cars that fit my preferences above, the only must haves are 1) Little/no rust and 2) On my half of the country. I will consider any year between 94-98, v6 or gt, coupe or convertible.

Thanks for looking, let me know what you have and what you're looking to get out of it. :wave:

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
[MENTION=8229]97stanger[/MENTION] is trying to get rid of his! You can't beat what he is selling!

OP
OP
Royal96

Royal96

Reaction score
Yeah I saw that, but I think that roller is probably a little more than what I'm looking for. Beautiful car though.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
I am on the lookout for an early SN95 (94-98) roller.

Preferences:
  • 96-97 GT > 98 GT > 94/95 GT or any 94-98 V6
  • At least 99% rust free. Minor underbody surface rust is fine, but please nothing major on the frame. That's why I'm here.
  • Convertible, though will consider coupes
  • Less than perfect paint (I already have paint that was intended for my current car. Don't really want to waste paint, but don't really want to kill a good paint job either)
  • Clean title
  • Relatively low miles ( >150k ) preferred, but if the body is straight and the car is rust free, I'm willing to look past mileage.

Keep in mind that I am not looking for an expensive roller here. No built drag cars with a bunch of expensive suspension bits and major fuel upgrades etc. Just maybe something that blew a motor that you're looking to get off your hands.

I'd prefer the car not have an engine and trans, but I will consider cars with hurt motors still in them.

Thanks for looking, let me know what you have and what you're looking to get out of it. :wave:

[MENTION=12219]DKblue98GT[/MENTION] is disassembling his GT to a roller, you guys may be able to work somthing out when he finishes stripping the car.

OP
OP
Royal96

Royal96

Reaction score
Looking at his build thread for that car, he seems to be located in New Mexico, which while I'm sure is good and rust free, is a bit of a drive, as I intend to pick whatever I buy up.

With that said, the roller should preferably be located in the Eastern US. Will edit OP to add this.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Royal how much you looking to spend might help as well

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
Royal96

Royal96

Reaction score
Royal how much you looking to spend might help as well

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Ah, I intentionally left that out. If it's what I'm looking for and I can afford what the owner is asking, I'll go for it. But I'm in no hurry to buy and it's my very unpredictable season at work (Could make more, could make less, I never know this time of year) so what I can afford is constantly going to be changing. So basically, I just want to see my options, regardless of price.

I will say I just missed out on basically the perfect example of what I'm looking for here locally on CL that I was going to try and grab for 6-700.

1994stangfan

Reaction score
It's goin to be tough to find a clean roller for $600-700. I paid more than double that for a chassis with no rear end or suspension.

OP
OP
Royal96

Royal96

Reaction score
It's goin to be tough to find a clean roller for $600-700. I paid more than double that for a chassis with no rear end or suspension.

I didn't say that's what I'm looking to spend, just what I was looking to spend on that particular car (Dude was asking 800, figured I could walk away with it for 700). Plus you have to keep in mind that I'm really not looking for anything cherry, in fact I prefer it not be. Just little to no rust, which shouldn't be hard to find in the southern states.

Plus I notice you're in Canada. Keep in mind that my $700 is your $900.

With all of that said, I'm more than willing to wait to find what I'm looking for.

OP
OP
Royal96

Royal96

Reaction score
If you were in CA near the Sacramento area more specifically there is a guy who sold a lot of parts off a 94 bright blue gt and is GIVING, yes free, the body away. I've thought about picking it up before and swapping everything over from my 97

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5528401234.html

Wow. It's not a vert but if I were on the west coast I'd be picking that thing up this weekend. Can't beat free.
Unfortunately 10 mpg towing a trailer across the country plus taking a weekend off work... that'd cost me quite a bit lol.

Reaction score
Hah, road trip. I wonder how much it would cost to get the thing shipped. Your preference is a vert? Our cars aren't worth very much in the northern California market unless you're a fan of them. Most are completely beat to poop and look stupid. And then there's people with cars like ours on the site. Which is few and far between. My car I'm sure is one of the only if not the only one in all of Pleasanton/Livermore area. Possible Hayward and some peninsula area (SF, San Mateo, burlingame, etc.) That actually looks good that is

OP
OP
Royal96

Royal96

Reaction score
Hah, road trip. I wonder how much it would cost to get the thing shipped. Your preference is a vert? Our cars aren't worth very much in the northern California market unless you're a fan of them. Most are completely beat to poop and look stupid. And then there's people with cars like ours on the site

Sounds like it'd be a pain to ship not rolling. Plus that guy doesn't sound like he'd want to mess with it.

And yeah, for right now I'm mainly looking for a vert. My car is a coupe but the number of times I wished I didn't have a roof over my head outnumbers the times I've been glad I did. Plus if I'm going to go through the trouble of reshelling the car, why not go for something a little different, right? But I'm certainly not against a coupe if the price is right (which, in this case, free is definitely the right price, lol!).

Reaction score
Sounds like it'd be a pain to ship not rolling. Plus that guy doesn't sound like he'd want to mess with it.

And yeah, for right now I'm mainly looking for a vert. My car is a coupe but the number of times I wished I didn't have a roof over my head outnumbers the times I've been glad I did. Plus if I'm going to go through the trouble of reshelling the car, why not go for something a little different, right? But I'm certainly not against a coupe if the price is right (which, in this case, free is definitely the right price, lol!).

LOL you can't beat free. And most people on CL usually are dicks. Have you looked at napalm_Inc on Instagram? I'm not 100% sure if that's his name but he has a new edge gt that he has done a lot of custom fabrication on and he made the damn thing a target top, it's legit

https://www.instagram.com/napalm_inc/?hl=en

OP
OP
Royal96

Royal96

Reaction score
LOL you can't beat free. And most people on CL usually are dicks. Have you looked at napalm_Inc on Instagram? I'm not 100% sure if that's his name but he has a new edge gt that he has done a lot of custom fabrication on and he made the damn thing a target top, it's legit

https://www.instagram.com/napalm_inc/?hl=en

Yeah, I've seen that done on a few NE's, never a SN though. I've considered it but am a little weary of cutting something that isn't so easily replaced. Looks cool though.

Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen that done on a few NE's, never a SN though. I've considered it but am a little weary of cutting something that isn't so easily replaced. Looks cool though.

might be worth a shot if you pick up another roller, you could do some experimenting with the current coupe

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I can relate to where you are. I was originally looking for a roller with good paint to swap my GT parts to. I looked at literally 100's of cars on Craigslist all over the western US over a 3 month period.

I ended up spending more than I had planned but got a really good car. The main thing I learned is that there will always be another one if you miss one you like. If you are patient it will show up eventually.

Good luck!

OP
OP
Royal96

Royal96

Reaction score
I can relate to where you are. I was originally looking for a roller with good paint to swap my GT parts to. I looked at literally 100's of cars on Craigslist all over the western US over a 3 month period.

I ended up spending more than I had planned but got a really good car. The main thing I learned is that there will always be another one if you miss one you like. If you are patient it will show up eventually.

Good luck!

I definitely know what you mean. Hopefully it'll be a little easier for me because I'm specifically looking for something with bad paint. In the end I may end up just getting a v6 car with a blown headgasket or something from the southern states, I'm just giving it a while and putting the word out that I'm looking first because if I can not deal with a) pulling the old motor out and b) doing a complete v6 to gt conversion, I'll be happy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online