SO how are these V6's anyway?

Mack

Reaction score
I drove a 95 V6 auto for 4 years and I really liked it. It was comfortable, and fast enough for a normal car. MPG was good, and I'm not the slowest driver.

Of course it doesn't compare to my current 98 supercharged GT (manual) but I would never use that one as DD. The V6 was perfect for it.

I would go for it.

OP
OP
Goldmember

Goldmember

Reaction score
bottlefed97 said:
You already have a focus, why buy another vehicle to daily drive?

Because I can't stand the Focus- want to be back in a Mustang. An FWD tin-can seemed like a good idea at the time. What a punk-a*s move that was! Basically, it's going to be either an nPI GT or a V6 5-speed for what I can afford, beggars can't be choosers, my friend.

Mack said:
I drove a 95 V6 auto for 4 years and I really liked it. It was comfortable, and fast enough for a normal car. MPG was good, and I'm not the slowest driver.

Of course it doesn't compare to my current 98 supercharged GT (manual) but I would never use that one as DD. The V6 was perfect for it.

I would go for it.

thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm thinking a 99+ V6 will be just quick enough that I won't hate myself. Their 0-60 and 1/4 mile times aren't too far off the Mark VIII I owned when backed by a 5-speed.

cnryYell0gt

Reaction score
do the v6. it's responsible and not as bad as what people make them out to be.

got5.0

Reaction score
atlanticblue98 said:
got5.0 said:
cnryRedM90 said:

yes it is as bad.

how so? there are a SH*T ton that make more power than your KB 5.0 with equal or less mods...

and they sound like bees buzzing around.

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
got5.0 said:
atlanticblue98 said:
got5.0 said:
cnryRedM90 said:

yes it is as bad.

how so? there are a SH*T ton that make more power than your KB 5.0 with equal or less mods...

with Longtubes, O/R X or H, and 2 chamber mufflers? not exactly a buzzing ricer exhaust.

how many proper 6's have you heard? and not Pablo's, who hangs out around Autozone with his friend's and their single cam civics...

RockstarMentality

Reaction score
got5.0 said:
atlanticblue98 said:
got5.0 said:
cnryRedM90 said:

yes it is as bad.

yo youre over on smoked a ricer defending the econoboxes that sound about the same.
i think you just like to start shit

OP
OP
Goldmember

Goldmember

Reaction score
I found out about a nice '99 35th GT (true 35th with the special wheels, badges, two-tone leather, etc) that's local and in my price range. Going to look hopefully Saturday, will update. If this doesn't check out I'm still keeping the floor open to a nice 6-shooter.

greenscobie86

Reaction score
Hope the 8-cyl one pans out for you... I'm more than sure that you want a v-8 deep down...

Not knocking the six gun folks, just saying...

got5.0

Reaction score
RockstarMentality said:
got5.0 said:
atlanticblue98 said:
got5.0 said:
cnryRedM90 said:

yes it is as bad.

yo youre over on smoked a ricer defending the econoboxes that sound about the same.
i think you just like to start SH*T

I didn't start anything and I', not defending econoboxes, I was saying that not all econoboxes are pieces of crap and they can be built to be fast, reliable, and inexpensive, as long as its done right, just like a lot of cars. I have never heard a v6 mustang where the owner didn't drop 20k into it and it sounded good... If someone will give me a video or something, I would then hear one and say you were right.

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
got5.0 said:
RockstarMentality said:
got5.0 said:
atlanticblue98 said:
got5.0 said:
cnryRedM90 said:

yes it is as bad.

i think you just like to start SH*T

I didn't start anything and I', not defending econoboxes, I was saying that not all econoboxes are pieces of crap and they can be built to be fast, reliable, and inexpensive, as long as its done right, just like a lot of cars. I have never heard a v6 mustang where the owner didn't drop 20k into it and it sounded good... If someone will give me a video or something, I would then hear one and say you were right.
$20k? holy crap

1999 V6 Mustang Exhaust Clip

V6 Mustang Exhaust

Cammed Sixxer Tuned @ Fastlane

Cammed V6 Mustang w/Longtubes

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I hate the fact that people use the sound of cars to put them down.

That's like the dumbest argument ever.

"Dude, my V8 is the fastest"
"I think my 4cyl could beat it"
"Yea well, thats probably true, but fuck you because my car sounds better"
"You haven't heard mine"
"Fuck. You."

OP
OP
Goldmember

Goldmember

Reaction score
greenscobie86 said:
Hope the 8-cyl one pans out for you... I'm more than sure that you want a v-8 deep down...

Not knocking the six gun folks, just saying...

right, you are! I've seen pics of the car, too. Just needs a date with my Porter-Cable and it'll be looking right again.

OP
OP
Goldmember

Goldmember

Reaction score
So much for the GT-- owner doesn't want to sell it at $4500 now.

NEXT!!

Now basically exclusively looking for a 99-01ish V6 5-speed.

DragonsNJ

Reaction score
Could be bad driving, could be shitty car BUT my v6 (1997 3.8L) beat two GT Mustangs with highway racing, what looked like a 2005 for the first race (you can tell it was an automatic) and maybe a 98 GT (stick) but I didn't win by much bt a win is a win! lol

Go V6?!

Mack

Reaction score
Guys, guys, guys...

It's very simple:
* If you want a sports car that is fast: don't buy a Mustang V6
* If you want a good-looking DD: buy a Mustang V6

Compared to a supercharged Mustang V8, the Mustang V6 is a slow as ....
Compared to je average DD, the Mustang V6 is better than average

And my V6 sounded really good with a special exhaust, it doesn't have to be horrible.

OP is looking for a DD, so I say: go for it

P51CrazyHorse

Reaction score
My 98 V6 Mustang has been my daily (and almost only) driver for two years now. I've not had any complaints with it.

Granted, I don't go out and try to race everything with wheels on it wherever I go... I outgrew the need to "street race" a long time ago, since it's not only a huge waste of fuel, but also dangerous and kind of stupid as well. I just use it to drive 45 minutes to work, then 45 minutes home each day. Getting 29-ish MPG is nice and the car looks pretty decent as well.

Yes, I do have moments where I'd love to have a V8 in my car, sometimes just for the exhaust sound as mentioned above... but then I think to myself "This is my work car, it's got well over 200,000 miles on it." and leave it alone. Also, the head gasket issue was mostly with just the '94-'95 cars. After that they started using higher quality gaskets. The '99+ went even better from the factory, so that's a non-issue at this point.

So if you want a good looking daily driver that you can enjoy getting into each day that isn't going to suck your wallet dry, the V6 Mustang is a great way to go. If you want something that will stomp all over anything you meet at a red light, get something bigger/better (and seriously stop and think about why you really need to show up the 16 year old in the Civic at each stop light you come to...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Canaryonvskf’s

Members online