SO how are these V6's anyway?

Goldmember

Reaction score
I'm back in the Mustang market and currently looking for one. I'm half-heartedly considering V6's, it would have to be 99+ though. For daily driving and around town, how do they drive with 5-speed (assuming stock) relative to a GT? Obviously all-out performance is a given, but for point A to point B with the occasional romp thrown in, how do they run?

RockstarMentality

Reaction score
it will get you from a to b, but i outran my friends v6 on foot. for even the occasional romp, its well worth those 2 extra cylinders

cnryYell0gt

Reaction score
the guy above is retarded. for a dd they are perfect. they can get 30 miles per gallon too if you drive not like an idiot.

RockstarMentality

Reaction score
cnryRedM90 said:
the guy above is retarded. for a dd they are perfect. they can get 30 miles per gallon too if you drive not like an idiot.
fuckyou too. what did i say that was inaccurate

cnryYell0gt

Reaction score
RockstarMentality said:
cnryRedM90 said:

that the two extra cylinders are needed for a dd that you want to have a little fun in. and that your beat one on foot.

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
RockstarMentality said:
cnryRedM90 said:

you said you outran one on foot, if that was accurate, then your friend should get some driving lessons and not blame the car

RockstarMentality

Reaction score
cnryRedM90 said:
that the two extra cylinders are needed for a dd that you want to have a little fun in. and that your beat one on foot.
did i say they were needed? no i said they are well worth it
and i did, bc i got sick of him talkin bout how fast it was (i didnt have the cobra at the time) so i told him i could outrun his pos on foot. so i said first one to the stop sign wins (30' away? maybe?) he dumped the clutch and by the time he caught traction i was at the stop sign.
shut him up tho :laughing5:

cnryYell0gt

Reaction score
RockstarMentality said:
cnryRedM90 said:
did i say they were needed? no i said they are well worth it
and i did, bc i got sick of him talkin bout how fast it was (i didnt have the cobra at the time) so i told him i could outrun his pos on foot. so i said first one to the stop sign wins (30' away? maybe?) he dumped the clutch and by the time he caught traction i was at the stop sign.
shut him up tho :laughing5:

Retard-Girl.jpg

OP
OP
Goldmember

Goldmember

Reaction score
Yes this car would be my daily driver... I had my '97 GT through snow and zero problem on decent snows.

off-topic: I prefer RWD in snow, leaving the front wheels to simply stop and turn.

I know the 99+ cars move out pretty well for a 6, throw a GT H-pipe and duals on and that wakes 'em up pretty good. "Between a rock and a hard place" is where I'm at: my budget allows for one of three outcomes:

a decent nPI GT
a well-worn PI GT
or a decent V6.

Got some thinking to do, I really need to drive one to make my mind up.

OP
OP
Goldmember

Goldmember

Reaction score
also- my knowledge of 3.8's pretty much ends with the pre-99 cars, do the later models still pop head gaskets like they're going out of style?

greenscobie86

Reaction score
Get another nPI GT... SN95 looks and v8 power... Best of both worlds..

That answer should have been easy for you, you already had an sn95(good looking one too...)

OP
OP
Goldmember

Goldmember

Reaction score
As right as you are- finding a nice GT in the $4-$5000 range that isn't beat to hell is like finding the holy grail. Easier to find a 6 in good shape- question is- will I end up hating myself? (most likely)

greenscobie86

Reaction score
I got a mint 98Gt 2 years ago(albeit with 144k) for $3050 in Englishtown NJ
My 96GT vert with a bad top and some needed love(89k miles 3 owners) was bought for $1250 at an insurance auction.
the current 96 Cobra vert I recently bought(88k miles, one owner FL car with no accident damage) was bough in the deep sub $4k range...

I'm not saying you're wrong about the prices, but I think with some more careful searching you could get a deal and a half.

OP
OP
Goldmember

Goldmember

Reaction score
I'm hoping for 100K or less, because I rack up 30K or more a year. I've been looking on Craigslist all over NY/NJ/CT for two weeks, nothing so far, I get frustrated very quickly... that's on me though

cnryYell0gt

Reaction score
I bought my 98 with 70k miles 3 years ago for 4k.

get a 99+. 96-04 don't blow head gaskets. at least normally. the 94-95 ones blow them semi-regularly.

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
94-95 had a headgasket recall, and was, for the most part, completely fixed for 96-04. (im not saying it is impossible to blow a headgasket on one though, but its no easier than any other car)

OP
OP
Goldmember

Goldmember

Reaction score
thanks for the info on the head gaskets... definite peace of mind.

I'm going to look for a V6 5-speed to drive, then I'll know for sure if it's something I want. Got some big life plans coming in the next year, this is a move to get me back into a Mustang for now. Can always go for what I really want later.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isaac cerr