Someone educate me!!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I will say again from the little bit of info I have got from you, your not ready to wire your own stand alone like the holley would be, and even if you did plug and play I am not sure your ready to start tuning. A quick test, do you understand relays? When I show you the wiring schematic on page 31 on this link do you understand what is going on there?

https://documents.holley.com/techlibrary_199r10555rev16.pdf

I have read of others on the efi fb page saying they kept the stock gauges but I will ask again who in their right mind wants to take the time to install a stand alone and then be stuck with the stock gauge info after? half way between the O and R was not going to be good enough after that much time invested for me, maybe someone else doesn't care but I am not putting that much time and money into it to not have all the data from the efi system at my disposal.

Last edited:

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
thats interesting, on my 94 none of the gauges , except Tach which gets its signal from the PIP, are ecu controlled, Also none of the older Fox's are either.
If I have missed something , bring me up to speed.
You are absolutely right, I apologize. I was thinking about new edge gauge clusters for some reason. So Holley or megasquirt will be a good option. Megasquirt plug and play will be simpler install but the Holley is very well documented and also easy to install. There are pretty much 4 wires to connect to the car for the Holley and they have supplied engine harnesses that are labeled and plug in easily. I am confident that you could do the install. The downside to that is you have to find a location for the new ecu because it will not fit stock location. The megasquirt plug and play fits where the stock ecu is.

Sure, keeping the stock gauges may seem silly to some people but it is good enough to get the car by until the user can afford an aftermarket gauge setup. The stock gauges got the car by for this long.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have a set of full length picked out and waiting on pay day, and roger that about the panhard bar thank you [emoji120]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
And you’re off and running! Have a blast with your car!
If I may indulge you one last time... I’m on my 3rd project build and one thing I’ve learned is this: DO YOUR RESEARCH before you jump at the first “cool mod” that comes along. Make sure it fits into the plan and future plans you have for the car (hate buying same part twice!)i.e., stay the course!
Quick example: you mentioned wanting to boost your engine at some point down the road. Work backwards. What do I need to do now chassis , suspension and tires-wise to accommodate the HP you plan on reaching? What other upgrades to the motor, tranny and rear end will be necessary or beneficial with a boosted motor? And, will my motor withstand getting boosted?

There’s a lot to learn but that’s all part of the obsession! You’ll learn more than you ever thought you would, and the majority of the folks here on this forum know their stuff so there are “ no stupid questions “... only the ones that go unasked

OP
OP
Callmety24

Callmety24

Reaction score
While sitting here bored i got to looking at some fuel pumps and, just out of curiosity, with me wanting to go boosted in the future would a 255 lph fuel pump be enough, too much? Whats your guys input? Im not gonna be buying this soon necessarily, as im gonna build suspension and chasis before making more power. Just thought id put it out there for discussion [emoji120]

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
From my understanding, flow ratings will depend on the system requirements, air/fuel ratios, etc. Basically, the supercharger or turbo system you decide on will tell you what flow fuel pump it will require

OP
OP
Callmety24

Callmety24

Reaction score
From my understanding, flow ratings will depend on the system requirements, air/fuel ratios, etc. Basically, the supercharger or turbo system you decide on will tell you what flow fuel pump it will require
Roger roger. i appreciate the input [emoji120]

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
255 should be fine. I would tell you to be careful shopping for the cheapest price and be sure to get it from an authorized distributor as almost everyone has been knocked off now.

OP
OP
Callmety24

Callmety24

Reaction score
255 should be fine. I would tell you to be careful shopping for the cheapest price and be sure to get it from an authorized distributor as almost everyone has been knocked off now.
Moving forward with caution [emoji120] and im thinking about pairing the 255 lph with siemens 60lb injectors, a good pair or no?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Moving forward with caution [emoji120] and im thinking about pairing the 255 lph with siemens 60lb injectors, a good pair or no?

60 lb injectors are HUGE! I have 48 and they are too big for my supercharged application I have been told. You can do the pump now but the injectors are not needed till the supercharger is on there.

OP
OP
Callmety24

Callmety24

Reaction score
60 lb injectors are HUGE! I have 48 and they are too big for my supercharged application I have been told. You can do the pump now but the injectors are not needed till the supercharger is on there.
And this is why i ask before i buy lol [emoji120] thank ya sir

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score

From my experience, Bosch 60’s are pretty much the standard first upgrade for most forced induction fuel systems on the later model cars. You must not be making much power?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought most cars I had seen were running 42 lbs and that is what I was going to go with. When I called holley they recommended the 48's but when I talked to my tuner he said that they would be good to 650-700 hp which is a little bit more than I was planning.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
While we know his stock 19’s won’t be sufficient but 48’s being good for 650-700 horsepower is concerning to me. The best thing I recommend using the tried and true math formula to figure this out. Pro-M even has an online calculator to do the math for you:

http://www.promracing.com/injector.php

OP
OP
Callmety24

Callmety24

Reaction score
While we know his stock 19’s won’t be sufficient but 48’s being good for 650-700 horsepower is concerning to me. The best thing I recommend using the tried and true math formula to figure this out. Pro-M even has an online calculator to do the math for you:

http://www.promracing.com/injector.php
Using the calculator for a forced induction v8 making 600 hp the reccomended injector is 62lb

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Using the calculator for a forced induction v8 making 600 hp the reccomended injector is 62lb

Play chess, not checkers..

Always remember that you want to leave some headspace in your fuel system for future growth. Otherwise you’ll hit the ceiling quickly and could potentially lean the engine out if something went wrong.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ah so then holley was right, my tuner was wrong, and 60 lb injectors is still really big for what I hear he has planned. While its true you can run out of injector what about having too much? We know it can lead to tuning problems and lets remember he is hoping to tune this himself....

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, here’s a thought from the peanut gallery:
Why don’t we find out what system he’s looking at/going to get and let the specs there in tell us the proper injector?

All in favor, say aye! The ayes have it. So new guy(calimety24!), what system are you going to use?

TrickVert

Reaction score
Newer 60's are fine for a FI motor. You don't *have* to use all of the flow capability. You'll make the appropriate adjustments via the tune and as stated above, will have headroom for additional power later. I have 42's and a Lightning MAF, but today, that's considered "old school."

A Walbro 255 LPH high-pressure pump will be plenty. This is one place where bigger is not better. The fuel that's unused will be circulated through the fuel rails and back to the tank over and over again. The more its circulated, the more heat it picks up to the point it becomes excessive.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online