Speedo Gear

boss281

Reaction score
Outlaw97GT said:
I used the speed-cal, they don't make a gear to fix for 4.10's as noted...

Speed-cal is easy to install, took me about 30 mins. :thumb:
And it works perfect.

You know, I have yet to install my speedcal after getting 4.10 gears, after folks recommended it to me last month. We took off the console (I have an automatic) and the bolts around the shifter, and realized the wiring wouldn't fit through to the transmission cleanly without getting squashed (manual shifters have plenty of space, apparently). We're going to drill a hole for the wiring once of these days, but now I just display mph on my GPS system and don't even think about it now.

Talk about lazy...

John

S

scarface

boss281 said:
Outlaw97GT said:

And it works perfect.

You know, I have yet to install my speedcal after getting 4.10 gears, after folks recommended it to me last month. We took off the console (I have an automatic) and the bolts around the shifter, and realized the wiring wouldn't fit through to the transmission cleanly without getting squashed (manual shifters have plenty of space, apparently). We're going to drill a hole for the wiring once of these days, but now I just display mph on my GPS system and don't even think about it now.

Talk about lazy...

John
only issue with that is you are racking up additional miles on your car with the speedo being off.

boss281

Reaction score
only issue with that is you are racking up additional miles on your car with the speedo being off.

Doh! I never thought about that, and it just motivated me, snow showers not withstanding. Soooooo, I went out, took off the console again, opened the speedcal box, and....I'M MISSING A PART!!! :mad: The connector with the wire loop coming out of it isn't in there. Just shot off an email to Dallas Mustang, and I'll call tomorrow. I swear if they give me a hard time...

Now, I guess I'll just throw in that 23 tooth gear I set aside for this in the first place.

boss281

Reaction score
Outlaw97GT said:

And it works perfect.

A friend did mine in about an hour today. As indicated in another thread, the directions don't mention the clearance problems with automatics (compared to the 5-speed). After a call to Dallas Mustang to help fine tune the settings, the speedo is dead on according to my GPS system. That will fix my "mysterious" 28mpg mileage improvement :hammer:.

John

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
boss281 said:
Outlaw97GT said:

And it works perfect.

Talk about lazy...

John

If you look under the shifter on the right side, you will notice that there is a "U" shaped hole. Thats where I ran my wires. Been over a year with no problems at all.... O0

Thomas_W

Reaction score
i've got the 23 tooth (white) speedo gear in my car and w/ 3.55's it is DEAD ON. the 23 tooth speedo gear is correct for 4.10's as long as you use the cobra spec speedo drive gear (which requires removal of the transmission tailshaft housing to replace the drive gear).

just get a speedcal

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online