Speedo went out

Ninety5_5Ohh

Reaction score
I have a 95 GT and my speedo went out going down the road. At first it was not even reading correct ( sometime as far as 15 mph off ) then i was cruising down the road and it just dropped to "0", but all the other gauges work though. Also noticed that the dash clock went out, and the radio lost power. I pulled every fuse in the whole damn car and none of them were bad. What could cause this to happen.

Car is not geared
the power went out while jamming to disturbed with the aftermarket radio up real high. Fuse in deck is ok.
everything works including the dash lights, but the speedo doesnt work
haven't noticed anything funky since what ever it was went out.

Any Ideas?? Im relying on my garmin nuvi for mph, I know its close but not accurate, and my radio is hard wired to the battery with a safety switch and fuse.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
it's probably the speedo gear on the back of the cluster. does your cruise control still work? if yes then it's the gear on the cluster. if no then it's the gear on the vss on the tranny.

OP
OP
N

Ninety5_5Ohh

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Im sure i can find the gear at LRS.

I think this just about did it for selling the car. I think ive had enough LOL. Its something new everyday.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ninety5_5Ohh said:
I think this just about did it for selling the car. I think ive had enough LOL. Its something new everyday.

What can you expect out of a 10+ year old car? :)

OP
OP
N

Ninety5_5Ohh

Reaction score
Javi said:
Ninety5_5Ohh said:

What can you expect out of a 10+ year old car? :)

I expected a mess honestly, but this car has gone far beyond what I was expecting to have to get into. I have been around mustangs all my life and built 5 of my own foxbodies ( everything from a 9 sec street strip car to a scca car ), and a handful of fox bodies for friends. I didnt want to get into a PROJECT, and it just seems like this stang is becoming a project. Not a bad thing, but i dont have time or the space to put it on jackstands and rip it apart and start from bottom up.

OP
OP
N

Ninety5_5Ohh

Reaction score
tried the cruise controll out yesterday and it works. Guess ill start looking for that gear.

thanks

fivepointnine

Reaction score
my speedometer works when I first get in the car for the day, then it quits working after about a half hour, so I have no idea, probably the VSS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online

No members online now.