Spring Question:

Discussion in '96-04 - 2V Specific' started by Twista, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Twista

Twista Legend

Im going to buy the cheapest springs i can possibly find. Maxspeed springs are suppose to drop 2inch front and 2 1/4 back. What kind of problems am i looking to run in? I have 275 tires all around FYI. I want the lowest drop i can get without having any problems with scrapping.

2. 19mustang95

19mustang95 Legend

i have Maxspeeds...no iso's in the front and both iso's in the rear...i have an awesome rake and a nice drop. i honestly think it drops more than 2". i have stock struts and shocks and no C/C plates. i have longtubes and have scraped my exhaust once when i was coming out of a place that had a driveway that was at like and arch if you now what i mean, and i scarped at the top part.

3. scarface

scarface Guest

problems? alignment will need to be done, and just take care going over speedbumps. I would suggest running isolator in the rear...I did the whole tape the spring things in my 97 and it eventually wore off and started to make noise.

4. GDawg

GDawg Well-Known Member

So.... you want your rear to sit lower than your front? :dunno:

If you drop that low, cheap springs aren't going to end up being cheap. You'll have to get some aftermarket C/C plates. You'll definitely need some new shocks and struts if you are running stockers now. Plan on buying a new front facia and possibly a "K" member in the future cause you are going to scrape on everything. I'm 1-3/4" drop in the front and I fear my own driveway... The other day I went over a sudden dip in the road and scraped another 1/16" off of my "K" member. I've done that before on the freeway at 90mph and it's scary when you hit the ground. Also, I had to move my intercooler cause I almost ripped that out. But damn... she looks good.

5. Brian95SVT

Brian95SVT Legend

i have maxspeed springs and i love them. they give a nice stance. 2.0 in the front and 1.8 in the rear. i think its like a perfect stance. i dont really bottom out much unless i go fast over speed bumps which i dont.
    i have stock shocks/struts which are OLLD and im getting them replaced, i have no C/C plates YET. i have shorty headers. tried LTs but had clearance problems...

6. 97blackgt

97blackgt Well-Known Member

pics?

7. Brian95SVT

Brian95SVT Legend

of mine??