Steeda Tri-Ax Owners Get in heyah

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
There is always the used market. You don't like the new 2nd gen MGW units? You could always look for a blue handle from 2005 lol.

Well I want an orange handle. I know I could buy a used one. I have looked. Most of the guys out there selling them, still want like 150.. So at that point i may still get a new one. The shifter is the same it is just the handle that differs.

well see.. not really a big deal at the moment

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Yeah I noticed that too, dudes want $150 plus shipping sometimes for used orange handles. I paid $100 shipped for my 3650 Tri-ax and sold my t-45 tri-ax for the same.

Promodmerc67

Reaction score
I've you've never driven stick before, a short throw won't feel like a short throw. Alot of new sports cars come with short throws from the factory and they feel perfectly normal to people. Ford was just being silly when they made the shifters for our cars.

My daily driver is a 2002 Kia Sportage 5 speed manual. When I looked at a '02 GT manual last week I had a hell of a time finding neutral. I'd barely move it from first and bam I was in 2nd. My Sportage has hell of a throw. It's damn near like a semi compared to the Mustang :rofl:

Mustanger

Reaction score
The 02 GT must not of had a TriAx....To find Neutral all you have to do (if the tranny is in 1st) flick the shifter straight back with two fingers not even touching it with your palm & it pops right into neutral....the springs do all the work. Don't try & grasp the shifter handle at all....if it is in 2nd just hit the knob with th heel of your hand & voila! Neutral again.

Promodmerc67

Reaction score
The 02 GT must not of had a TriAx....To find Neutral all you have to do (if the tranny is in 1st) flick the shifter straight back with two fingers not even touching it with your palm & it pops right into neutral....the springs do all the work. Don't try & grasp the shifter handle at all....if it is in 2nd just hit the knob with th heel of your hand & voila! Neutral again.

It's just that my Sportage has such a long throw (5-6" between gears) and I wasn't use to something with a shorter throw.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My daily driver is a 2002 Kia Sportage 5 speed manual. When I looked at a '02 GT manual last week I had a hell of a time finding neutral. I'd barely move it from first and bam I was in 2nd. My Sportage has hell of a throw. It's damn near like a semi compared to the Mustang :rofl:

Notice I said "sports car". A Kia Sportage is not really what I consider a sports car. :p

Promodmerc67

Reaction score
Notice I said "sports car". A Kia Sportage is not really what I consider a sports car. :p

That's for sure. When I accelerate and turn the A/C off it's like a turbo kicking in. That's how under powered the thing is. I see myself getting in trouble when I get me a 99-2004 GT :grin:

Hijack over.

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score

This is what I absolutely LOVE about the Tri-Ax, the self centering springs are beefy and accurate. You have to be a goddamn retard to miss 3rd and everything is rock solid. One thing I did notice about the 3650 vs T-45 Tri-Ax is that the 3650 has way shorter throws and OD is a lot closer to 3rd. I chalk this up to the trans itself but its much more of a pleasure to drive with the 3650 IMO.

At any rate, with all short shifters, I really do think most ppl having problems have badly adjusted setups without properly setting clutch cable preload with a good firewall adjuster and using crap aftermarket cables vs OEM. Or their trans is on the way out, or they just suck at shifting. My fresh 3650 with the Tri-Ax, OEM cable, MM quadrant and Fiore microclick with the preload properly set on the TOB practically falls into gear at 6k.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
You mean like this?

pro-7210t5_6639.jpg

If that's what you are talking about you will hate it. Slam your fist into the bezel going into 3rd every time and unless you have really long arms or have your seat pulled way up you will have to lean to get 3rd and 5th. Having your auto shifter in D is like having the manual shifter in 4th and 4th isn't a problem gear as far as reaching it even with a stock setup.

That is a Pro 5.0 shifter btw.

I can confirm this. I hated the pro 5.0 handle on my tri-axe too. 5th was to damn far.
I did just pick up this UMI shifter from Summit. Perfect.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/upi-1200/overview/year/1995/make/ford/model/mustang
side shot

5th

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott

Members online