Steeda UDP

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Love it
I was going to stay away from the supercharger/turbo side of things for now and a full engine rebuild. I have a spare engine that will be built at some time ready to take boost but for now I will be staying NA. I have a convertible so no roll cage for me. Is the sway bar you talk about what we call the roll bar?
Mine is a big fat 1” or more diameter blue bar linking the left and front front suspension.
When you say K member are you referring to the tubular style ? I’m still looking into this.
The old girl is all ready lowered on Tokico shocks and struts all round. what sort of control arms are we talking about?
I would like to get her stable with good handling and good brakes while I’m still NA then I will consider boosting.
I do have cobra brakes and and pads front and rear but having a little issue with them at the moment
Gif I’m loving this car at the moment

weendoggy

Reaction score
Love it
I was going to stay away from the supercharger/turbo side of things for now and a full engine rebuild. I have a spare engine that will be built at some time ready to take boost but for now I will be staying NA. I have a convertible so no roll cage for me. Is the sway bar you talk about what we call the roll bar?
Mine is a big fat 1” or more diameter blue bar linking the left and front front suspension.
When you say K member are you referring to the tubular style ? I’m still looking into this.
The old girl is all ready lowered on Tokico shocks and struts all round. what sort of control arms are we talking about?
I would like to get her stable with good handling and good brakes while I’m still NA then I will consider boosting.
I do have cobra brakes and and pads front and rear but having a little issue with them at the moment
Gif I’m loving this car at the moment

Yes, sway bar would be your "roll bar". "K" member will replace the bulky stock "engine cradle" which also connects the LCA's. Mine has a Maximum Motorsport one but there are other manufacturers who make them. I'd do the LCA and coil-overs at the same time, put the coil-overs on (all 4) and make sure you tend to the rear suspension as well. Making the car handle prior to adding HP is a good idea. That's exactly what I do in my builds.

I'd also concentrate on Camber/Caster plates and subframe connectors at the same time. A lot to do, but you won't be doing things twice this way, sans the subframe which could be done later. You can check my site for what I did to get an idea. Car will handle much better when done.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
you have a convertible so you should have factory bolt in sub frame connectors now. not as good as the full length weld in's but they help. you can also think about lightening the car up some. power to weight ratio can go a long way to the car being faster.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online